Friday, 24 June 2016
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Rosario G. Manalo Wins Seat in UN Treaty Body on Gender Equality and Women's Rights
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 ASEAN and Canada Agree to Strengthen Cooperation in Run Up to 40th Anniversary of ASEAN-Canada Relations in 2017
- Monday, 20 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office in Lucena Commemorates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 24 June 2016
- Friday, 24 June 2016 Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara Graces 118th Independence Day Celebrations in Saipan; Visits PHL Consulate General in Guam
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Bids Farewell to Lebanon’s MFAE Secretary General
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on Lebanon’s MFAE Director for Political and Consular Affairs
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Embassy Inaugurates Miniature Replica of Rizal Monument on Birth Anniversary of Dr. Jose Rizal
28 January 2014 - The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Committee in Mexico City (ACMC), the formal organization of ASEAN member-states with resident missions in Mexico, namely Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam, has donated, through the Philippine Embassy in Mexico, 20,000.00 Mexican Pesos (US$ 1562.50 at the current conversion rate of MXN$ 12.80 to US$ 1), from the proceeds of the 2013 ASEAN Bazaar held in Mexico City on 09 November 2013, as the group´s contribution to the Philippine relief and rehabilitation efforts caused by supertyphoon Yolanda (Haiyan).
The amount was turned over to the Embassy during the meeting of the ACMC on January 24 at the Royal Thai Embassy, on which occasion the ACMC chairmanship was formally transferred from the ambassador of Thailand to his Vietnamese counterpart for a six-month term.
Upon receiving the donation from Thai Ambassador Chirachai Punkrasin, Philippine Ambassador to the United Mexican States Catalino R. Dilem, Jr. expressed the Philippine government´s appreciation for the ACMC´s contribution to help rebuild the areas in Central and Eastern Visayas devastated by the supertyphoon and thereby restore normalcy to the lives of its stricken residents. The donated amount represented almost half of the proceeds from the 2013 ASEAN Bazaar, totaling 42,150 Mexican pesos. END