Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 24 May 2016
- Tuesday, 24 May 2016 Late Secretary Domingo L. Siazon, Jr. Honored by International Organizations and Filipino Community in Vienna
- Tuesday, 24 May 2016 Hundreds of Filipino Migrants Gather to Honor the Infant Jesus of Prague in Prayer, Piety, and Unity
- Tuesday, 24 May 2016 PHL Embassy Takes Part in 2016 Seoul Friendship Fair
- Tuesday, 24 May 2016 Honolulu Museum of Art Hosts Private Tour for PHL Consulate General, Filipino Community Leaders
04 June 2014 - The Filipino Community Cooperative Ltd, an association established in New South Wales, Australia for the past thirty (30) years, marked its 30th anniversary this year by organizing a charity concert featuring Ms. Dami Im, the winner of X-Factor Australia 2013, and Ms. Rose “Osang” Fostanes, winner of X-Factor Israel 2014, at the historic Sydney Town Hall on June 1.
Resounding applause filled the concert venue as around a thousand enthusiastic supporters of Rose and Dami turned out to support both artists and the charity initiative of the Filipino Community Cooperative Ltd. Also present at the event were Philippine Consul General in Sydney Anne Jalando-on Louis, South Korean Consul General Whie Jin Lee and his wife, Madame Kyung Hee Lee, Minister and Consul General of the Philippine Embassy in Canberra Nina Cainglet, and Philippine Tourism Attaché Consuelo Jones.
Dami, whose family migrated to Australia from Seoul, Republic of Korea, captured the hearts of many Filipino-Australians with her vocal prowess and talent on the piano and other musical instruments when she competed in the Australian edition of the X-Factor.
In the places she visited in New South Wales and Victoria, members of the Filipino community congratulated Rose on winning the inaugural season of X-Factor Israel and in showcasing Filipino talent to the world. Many said that Rose’s success story serves as an inspiration to Filipino workers and migrants. Prior to the June 1st concert in Sydney, Rose also performed at The Thornbury Theatre in Melbourne, Victoria, on May 25 and at the Central Coast Leagues Club in Central Coast, New South Wales on May 31.
Local Filipino talents who participated in the June 1st concert included Ms. Lillian de los Reyes, Mr. Jerson Trinidad, Mr. Brian Lorenz, and grand finalist in an Australian talent show, dance group Kookies N Kream.
According to Atty. Kate Roc-Andres, Chairperson of the Filipino Community Cooperative Ltd and Executive Producer of the concert, part of the proceeds of the show will be donated by the association to the rehabilitation efforts for the Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) survivors in the Philippines through World Vision Australia’s “Help after Haiyan” project.
Consul General Louis joined the officers of the Filipino Community Cooperative Ltd in thanking Dami Im and Rose Fostanes for performing back to back in a concert that will benefit the typhoon survivors in the Philippines. END