Friday, 29 April 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Tuesday, 26 April 2016 On Government Efforts to Rescue Kidnap Victims
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 29 April 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 PHL Consulate General in Honolulu Conducts Mobile Field Voting in Maui and Hilo, Hawaii
- Friday, 29 April 2016 New PHL Ambassador Presents Credentials to Australian Governor General
- Friday, 29 April 2016 PHL Consulate General Vancouver’s Announcement for Overseas Voters
- Friday, 29 April 2016 PHL Embassy and POLO Activate Joint Assistance Desk in Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia
04 June 2014 - The Filipino Community Cooperative Ltd, an association established in New South Wales, Australia for the past thirty (30) years, marked its 30th anniversary this year by organizing a charity concert featuring Ms. Dami Im, the winner of X-Factor Australia 2013, and Ms. Rose “Osang” Fostanes, winner of X-Factor Israel 2014, at the historic Sydney Town Hall on June 1.
Resounding applause filled the concert venue as around a thousand enthusiastic supporters of Rose and Dami turned out to support both artists and the charity initiative of the Filipino Community Cooperative Ltd. Also present at the event were Philippine Consul General in Sydney Anne Jalando-on Louis, South Korean Consul General Whie Jin Lee and his wife, Madame Kyung Hee Lee, Minister and Consul General of the Philippine Embassy in Canberra Nina Cainglet, and Philippine Tourism Attaché Consuelo Jones.
Dami, whose family migrated to Australia from Seoul, Republic of Korea, captured the hearts of many Filipino-Australians with her vocal prowess and talent on the piano and other musical instruments when she competed in the Australian edition of the X-Factor.
In the places she visited in New South Wales and Victoria, members of the Filipino community congratulated Rose on winning the inaugural season of X-Factor Israel and in showcasing Filipino talent to the world. Many said that Rose’s success story serves as an inspiration to Filipino workers and migrants. Prior to the June 1st concert in Sydney, Rose also performed at The Thornbury Theatre in Melbourne, Victoria, on May 25 and at the Central Coast Leagues Club in Central Coast, New South Wales on May 31.
Local Filipino talents who participated in the June 1st concert included Ms. Lillian de los Reyes, Mr. Jerson Trinidad, Mr. Brian Lorenz, and grand finalist in an Australian talent show, dance group Kookies N Kream.
According to Atty. Kate Roc-Andres, Chairperson of the Filipino Community Cooperative Ltd and Executive Producer of the concert, part of the proceeds of the show will be donated by the association to the rehabilitation efforts for the Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) survivors in the Philippines through World Vision Australia’s “Help after Haiyan” project.
Consul General Louis joined the officers of the Filipino Community Cooperative Ltd in thanking Dami Im and Rose Fostanes for performing back to back in a concert that will benefit the typhoon survivors in the Philippines. END