Friday, 24 June 2016
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Rosario G. Manalo Wins Seat in UN Treaty Body on Gender Equality and Women's Rights
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 ASEAN and Canada Agree to Strengthen Cooperation in Run Up to 40th Anniversary of ASEAN-Canada Relations in 2017
- Monday, 20 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office in Lucena Commemorates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 24 June 2016
- Friday, 24 June 2016 Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara Graces 118th Independence Day Celebrations in Saipan; Visits PHL Consulate General in Guam
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Bids Farewell to Lebanon’s MFAE Secretary General
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on Lebanon’s MFAE Director for Political and Consular Affairs
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Embassy Inaugurates Miniature Replica of Rizal Monument on
27 May 2014 – Philippine Ambassador to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Enrique A. Manalo hosted a reception to honor friends of the Philippine Embassy in the Performing Arts in London. The event, held on May 14, was attended by Filipino and British luminaries from the West End and up and coming artists.
In his remarks, Ambassador Manalo expressed his deep appreciation to Sir Cameron Mackintosh, the producers: Paul Spicer, Matt Firth and Ava Eldred, and the Filipino and British performers of You’ll Never Walk Alone, a star-studded charity concert held on March 2 at the Queen’s Theatre in aid of the DEC’s Philippine Typhoon Haiyan Appeal. The Appeal has raised more than £94 million.
Ambassador Manalo also highlighted the importance of gender and development in the cultural sector, citing the importance of equal employment opportunities in the performing arts. He praised the Filipino stars of the West End led by Junix Inocian, Irene Alano-Rhodes, and Riva Salazar for continuing to inspire a new generation of Filipino theatre performers in London. END