Thursday, 30 June 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Terrorist Attack on Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 Statement on the Brexit Polls
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 01 July 2016
- Friday, 01 July 2016 PHL Consulate General Joins Filipinos in New South Wales in Month-Long Celebration of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Filipino Spirit of Camaraderie Shines Through in the Opening of the 15th Season of the Philippine Basketball Association of Shanghai
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Korean Train Manufacturer Urged to Put Up Operations in PH
- Friday, 01 July 2016 PHL Consulate General in Luxembourg Celebrates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
30 July 2014 - The Tourism Promotions Board (TPB), through the tourism office of the Philippine Embassy in London, sponsored the University of Sussex’s MOBIL 1 TEAM SUSSEX with the only Filipino driver, Jed Jalandoni.
As part of a team comprised of 29 engineering students, Jalandoni entered the Formula Student competition which pits teams of mechanical engineers against each other to design and build a single-seat car. The finished product was then put to the test at Silverstone Race Circuit in Northamptonshire and judged according to factors such as design, acceleration and endurance, among others.
As MOBIL 1 TEAM SUSSEX approached international recognition, TPB decided to offer them a sponsorship of the highest range – platinum. This included only the best opportunities for the team such as uniforms and online coverage.
Out of all the teams at the event, MOBIL 1 TEAM SUSSEX was the only team that had a sponsorship from a country’s tourism brand campaign.
Embassy tourism staff were present at the event in Silverstone, handing out destination flyers to students while answering queries regarding tourism and of course, cheering for their sponsored team MOBIL 1 TEAM SUSSEX. END