Wednesday, 24 August 2016
- Wednesday, 24 August 2016 Photo Exhibit Marks DFA’s 2016 Celebrations of International Humanitarian Law Day
- Wednesday, 24 August 2016 DFA, United Nations Country Team Prepare for 2016 UN Day Celebration
- Tuesday, 23 August 2016 DFA Highlights Primacy of ‘Rule of Law’ in Briefing for the Diplomatic Corps
- Saturday, 20 August 2016 DFA Assistance to Nationals Team Facilitates Assistance to OFWs in Distress in Al Khobar and Dammam, Saudi Arabia
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 26 August 2016
- Friday, 26 August 2016 PHL Ambassador Highlights Trade & Investment Opportunities at Russian Business Forum
- Friday, 26 August 2016 Tinikling Hits Top Tourist Street in Moscow
- Friday, 26 August 2016 PHL Embassy in Oslo Conducts Consular Outreach in Copenhagen
- Friday, 26 August 2016 PHL Embassy in Pretoria Conducts Briefing on Doing Business in the Philippines
30 July 2014 - The Tourism Promotions Board (TPB), through the tourism office of the Philippine Embassy in London, sponsored the University of Sussex’s MOBIL 1 TEAM SUSSEX with the only Filipino driver, Jed Jalandoni.
As part of a team comprised of 29 engineering students, Jalandoni entered the Formula Student competition which pits teams of mechanical engineers against each other to design and build a single-seat car. The finished product was then put to the test at Silverstone Race Circuit in Northamptonshire and judged according to factors such as design, acceleration and endurance, among others.
As MOBIL 1 TEAM SUSSEX approached international recognition, TPB decided to offer them a sponsorship of the highest range – platinum. This included only the best opportunities for the team such as uniforms and online coverage.
Out of all the teams at the event, MOBIL 1 TEAM SUSSEX was the only team that had a sponsorship from a country’s tourism brand campaign.
Embassy tourism staff were present at the event in Silverstone, handing out destination flyers to students while answering queries regarding tourism and of course, cheering for their sponsored team MOBIL 1 TEAM SUSSEX. END