Thursday, 05 May 2016
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Philippines and Cambodia to Enhance Cooperation on Migration and Labor
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Statement on the Demise of the Hon. Domingo L. Siazon, Jr. (UPDATED)
- Sunday, 01 May 2016 Statement On the Release of the 10 Indonesian Hostages
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 06 May 2016
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to New Zealand Presents Credentials to the Governor-General of New Zealand
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PH Children’s Books Featured in Korea Foundation Exhibit in Seoul
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PHL Consulate General in San Francisco Holds Consular Outreach in Anchorage and Juneau, Alaska
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PHL Honorary Consul in Albania Takes Oath of Office
30 July 2014 - The Tourism Promotions Board (TPB), through the tourism office of the Philippine Embassy in London, sponsored the University of Sussex’s MOBIL 1 TEAM SUSSEX with the only Filipino driver, Jed Jalandoni.
As part of a team comprised of 29 engineering students, Jalandoni entered the Formula Student competition which pits teams of mechanical engineers against each other to design and build a single-seat car. The finished product was then put to the test at Silverstone Race Circuit in Northamptonshire and judged according to factors such as design, acceleration and endurance, among others.
As MOBIL 1 TEAM SUSSEX approached international recognition, TPB decided to offer them a sponsorship of the highest range – platinum. This included only the best opportunities for the team such as uniforms and online coverage.
Out of all the teams at the event, MOBIL 1 TEAM SUSSEX was the only team that had a sponsorship from a country’s tourism brand campaign.
Embassy tourism staff were present at the event in Silverstone, handing out destination flyers to students while answering queries regarding tourism and of course, cheering for their sponsored team MOBIL 1 TEAM SUSSEX. END