Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 27 May 2016
- Friday, 27 May 2016 Emir of Riyadh Graces PHL Embassy Celebration of the 118th Anniversary of the Declaration of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Oman Joins ASEAN Committee in Muscat Tour of Sohar
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Madrid Promotes Philippine Investment Opportunities to Valencian Companies
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Amman Holds Third Filipino Film Days 2016 in Celebration of the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
07 November 2014 - The Philippine Embassy in London held its 4th edition of the Philippine Embassy Speakers Forum (Kapihan sa Pasuguan) on October 29 with Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara as its guest speaker.
In his welcome remarks, Philippine Ambassador to the United Kingdom Enrique A. Manalo stated that the forum provided a good opportunity to talk about the tax reform proposals of Senator Angara. He also noted that the event was organized in line with the Embassy’s efforts to invite visiting Filipino dignitaries to speak about issues of national import, such as the Bangsamoro autonomy and good governance, as well as regional issues such the West Philippine Sea maritime dispute, among others.
Elected to the Philippine Senate in 2013, Senator Angara discussed his agenda for pro-poor and pro-family legislation to strengthen the Philippines and Filipino families. He tackled his initiatives to have more equitable and progressive tax system that helps build the middle class.
Senator Angara currently serves as chairperson of the Senate Committees on Ways and Means, and Games, Amusement and Sports, as well as the Congressional Oversight Committees on the Proper Implementation of the National Internal Revenue Code, and the Official Development Assistance (ODA) Law. He previously served as Member of the House of Representatives for Aurora Province. END