Sunday, 01 May 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Monday, 02 May 2016
- Monday, 02 May 2016 Senior PH Defense Official Highlights Possible Role of Russia as Voice of Moderation on South China Sea Issue at Informal ASEAN-Russia Defense Ministers Meeting
- Monday, 02 May 2016 Senior PH and Russian Defense Officials Meet in Moscow, Discuss Possible Areas of Cooperation
- Monday, 02 May 2016 Senior Department of Defense Official Highlights PH Global Security Concerns in Moscow Meeting, Calls for Peaceful Solution to WPS/SCS Issue
- Monday, 02 May 2016 PHL Consulate General in Milan Conducts Consular Outreach Mission and Overseas Field Voting in Vicenza
07 November 2014 - The Philippine Embassy in London held its 4th edition of the Philippine Embassy Speakers Forum (Kapihan sa Pasuguan) on October 29 with Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara as its guest speaker.
In his welcome remarks, Philippine Ambassador to the United Kingdom Enrique A. Manalo stated that the forum provided a good opportunity to talk about the tax reform proposals of Senator Angara. He also noted that the event was organized in line with the Embassy’s efforts to invite visiting Filipino dignitaries to speak about issues of national import, such as the Bangsamoro autonomy and good governance, as well as regional issues such the West Philippine Sea maritime dispute, among others.
Elected to the Philippine Senate in 2013, Senator Angara discussed his agenda for pro-poor and pro-family legislation to strengthen the Philippines and Filipino families. He tackled his initiatives to have more equitable and progressive tax system that helps build the middle class.
Senator Angara currently serves as chairperson of the Senate Committees on Ways and Means, and Games, Amusement and Sports, as well as the Congressional Oversight Committees on the Proper Implementation of the National Internal Revenue Code, and the Official Development Assistance (ODA) Law. He previously served as Member of the House of Representatives for Aurora Province. END