Thursday, 30 June 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Terrorist Attack on Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 Statement on the Brexit Polls
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 30 June 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Alunalun Dance Circle Performs at the National Theater Yangon
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 PHL Consulate General in Xiamen Hosts Philippine Independence Day Reception Cum Piano Concert
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 PHL Embassy Organizes “Water Symphony” Cultural Performance by Alunalun Dance Circle in Vientiane
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 PHL Embassy in Singapore Observes 2016 International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
07 November 2014 - The Philippine Embassy in London held its 4th edition of the Philippine Embassy Speakers Forum (Kapihan sa Pasuguan) on October 29 with Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara as its guest speaker.
In his welcome remarks, Philippine Ambassador to the United Kingdom Enrique A. Manalo stated that the forum provided a good opportunity to talk about the tax reform proposals of Senator Angara. He also noted that the event was organized in line with the Embassy’s efforts to invite visiting Filipino dignitaries to speak about issues of national import, such as the Bangsamoro autonomy and good governance, as well as regional issues such the West Philippine Sea maritime dispute, among others.
Elected to the Philippine Senate in 2013, Senator Angara discussed his agenda for pro-poor and pro-family legislation to strengthen the Philippines and Filipino families. He tackled his initiatives to have more equitable and progressive tax system that helps build the middle class.
Senator Angara currently serves as chairperson of the Senate Committees on Ways and Means, and Games, Amusement and Sports, as well as the Congressional Oversight Committees on the Proper Implementation of the National Internal Revenue Code, and the Official Development Assistance (ODA) Law. He previously served as Member of the House of Representatives for Aurora Province. END