Wednesday, 25 November 2015
- Friday, 20 November 2015 Spouses of Foreign Affairs and Trade & Industry Secretaries Jointly Host APEC Ministerial Meeting – Spouses Program
- Friday, 20 November 2015 Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert F. Del Rosario Confers Order of Sikatuna on outgoing Iranian Ambassador
- Friday, 20 November 2015 OECD: Philippines has the Most Favorable Growth Outlook among Asean-5 in 2016
- Thursday, 19 November 2015 President Benigno S. Aquino III Meets with Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on APEC Summit Sidelines at the PICC
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 26 November 2015
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 PHL Ambassador to Thailand models for The Philippines at Abhorn 3: “The Magical Spell of Asean Textiles”
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 Philippine-Qatar Trade Initiative explores Business Opportunities in Qatar
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 PHL Consulate General in Hong Kong trained on assisting victims of sexual violence
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 PHL Embassy in Rome conducts an Outreach Mission in Pisa, Italy
07 November 2014 - The Philippine Embassy in London held its 4th edition of the Philippine Embassy Speakers Forum (Kapihan sa Pasuguan) on October 29 with Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara as its guest speaker.
In his welcome remarks, Philippine Ambassador to the United Kingdom Enrique A. Manalo stated that the forum provided a good opportunity to talk about the tax reform proposals of Senator Angara. He also noted that the event was organized in line with the Embassy’s efforts to invite visiting Filipino dignitaries to speak about issues of national import, such as the Bangsamoro autonomy and good governance, as well as regional issues such the West Philippine Sea maritime dispute, among others.
Elected to the Philippine Senate in 2013, Senator Angara discussed his agenda for pro-poor and pro-family legislation to strengthen the Philippines and Filipino families. He tackled his initiatives to have more equitable and progressive tax system that helps build the middle class.
Senator Angara currently serves as chairperson of the Senate Committees on Ways and Means, and Games, Amusement and Sports, as well as the Congressional Oversight Committees on the Proper Implementation of the National Internal Revenue Code, and the Official Development Assistance (ODA) Law. He previously served as Member of the House of Representatives for Aurora Province. END