Friday, 28 October 2016
- Wednesday, 26 October 2016 Philippines - Japan Joint Statement
- Tuesday, 25 October 2016 Remarks of Secretary Perfecto R. Yasay, Jr. on the 71st United Nations Day Celebration, "Shaping the World's Future that Works for All"
- Monday, 24 October 2016 Philippines Marks 71 Years of Partnership with the United Nations
- Monday, 24 October 2016 Commission on Appointments Confirms Four New Ambassadors
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 28 October 2016
- Friday, 28 October 2016 Memory of the 210 Fallen UN Personnel Honored at the Annual Memorial Service
- Friday, 28 October 2016 PHL Consulate General in Osaka Unveils President Elpidio Quirino Memorial Marker in Yasugi, Shimane
- Friday, 28 October 2016 PHL Embassy in Oslo Conducts Consular Outreach in Aarhus, Denmark
- Friday, 28 October 2016 PHL Embassy in Phnom Penh Brings Award-Winning Philippine Illustrators of Children’s Books to Cambodia
- Friday, 28 October 2016 PHL Ambassador to South Africa Meets with New Chief of the Department of International Relations for Central, South and Southeast Asia
- Friday, 28 October 2016 Filipino Artists Join Singapore Biennale 2016
13 April 2015 - Philippine Consul General Gina Jamoralin feted the new 1st District of Hawaii Congressman Mark Takai with a Filipino-style dinner at Max’s Restaurant, Honolulu on April 07. Also in attendance were State Vice Speaker of the Hawaii House of Representatives John Mizuno, the Consul Generals of South Korea, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Australia; the Deputy Consul General of Japan; Honorary Consuls of Slovenia and Belgium; Professor Daniel K. Inouye of the Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies; Congressman Takai’s Chief of Staff; and Philippine Consulate officials.
In her toast remarks, Consul General Jamoralin congratulated Congressman Takai for being elected as the newest member of the US House of Representatives from Hawaii and for being not only a strong advocate for Hawaii, but a strong supporter for Filipino WW II veterans. Immediately after being sworn, Congressman Takai introduced a bill in the US Congress entitled, “The Filipino Veterans Family Reunification Act of 2015” which was also supported by his fellow US House Representative from the 2nd District of Hawaii, Tulsi Gabbard.
The Honorary Consul of Slovenia Admiral R.J. Zlatoper, who currently sits as Vice-Dean of the Hawaii Consular Corps, offered a toast on behalf of the consular corps. END