Sunday, 01 May 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 03 May 2016
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Breaches 10,000 Voter Benchmark, Commemorates Women’s Suffrage Day
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy Calls on Yangon Region Chief and Yangon Mayor, Discusses Strengthening of Relations
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Tokyo Celebrates Labor Day
- Monday, 02 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Prague Hosts Asian Ambassadors’ Lunch Meeting with Czech Human Rights Minister Jiří Dienstbier Jr.
13 April 2015 - Philippine Consul General Gina Jamoralin feted the new 1st District of Hawaii Congressman Mark Takai with a Filipino-style dinner at Max’s Restaurant, Honolulu on April 07. Also in attendance were State Vice Speaker of the Hawaii House of Representatives John Mizuno, the Consul Generals of South Korea, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Australia; the Deputy Consul General of Japan; Honorary Consuls of Slovenia and Belgium; Professor Daniel K. Inouye of the Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies; Congressman Takai’s Chief of Staff; and Philippine Consulate officials.
In her toast remarks, Consul General Jamoralin congratulated Congressman Takai for being elected as the newest member of the US House of Representatives from Hawaii and for being not only a strong advocate for Hawaii, but a strong supporter for Filipino WW II veterans. Immediately after being sworn, Congressman Takai introduced a bill in the US Congress entitled, “The Filipino Veterans Family Reunification Act of 2015” which was also supported by his fellow US House Representative from the 2nd District of Hawaii, Tulsi Gabbard.
The Honorary Consul of Slovenia Admiral R.J. Zlatoper, who currently sits as Vice-Dean of the Hawaii Consular Corps, offered a toast on behalf of the consular corps. END