Monday, 26 September 2016
- Saturday, 24 September 2016 Statement on the Yemen Crisis
- Thursday, 22 September 2016 Canadian Ambassador-Designate John Holmes Presents Open Copy of His Letters of Credence to Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto R. Yasay, Jr.
- Thursday, 22 September 2016 DFA-RCO Dumaguete Joins the Global Community in Commemorating the International Peace Day
- Thursday, 22 September 2016 British Parliamentarians Call on Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Teehankee
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Sunday, 25 September 2016
- Friday, 23 September 2016 PHL Embassy in Buenos Aires Holds Screening of the Film “Bamboo Flowers” in Argentina
- Friday, 23 September 2016 PHL Ambassador to Canada Makes First Official Visit to Northwest Territories
- Friday, 23 September 2016 PHL Embassy in Berlin Holds Consular Outreach Mission in Essen
- Friday, 23 September 2016 PHL National Commission for Culture and the Arts Inaugurates Sentro Rizal in Qatar
13 April 2015 - Philippine Consul General Gina Jamoralin feted the new 1st District of Hawaii Congressman Mark Takai with a Filipino-style dinner at Max’s Restaurant, Honolulu on April 07. Also in attendance were State Vice Speaker of the Hawaii House of Representatives John Mizuno, the Consul Generals of South Korea, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Australia; the Deputy Consul General of Japan; Honorary Consuls of Slovenia and Belgium; Professor Daniel K. Inouye of the Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies; Congressman Takai’s Chief of Staff; and Philippine Consulate officials.
In her toast remarks, Consul General Jamoralin congratulated Congressman Takai for being elected as the newest member of the US House of Representatives from Hawaii and for being not only a strong advocate for Hawaii, but a strong supporter for Filipino WW II veterans. Immediately after being sworn, Congressman Takai introduced a bill in the US Congress entitled, “The Filipino Veterans Family Reunification Act of 2015” which was also supported by his fellow US House Representative from the 2nd District of Hawaii, Tulsi Gabbard.
The Honorary Consul of Slovenia Admiral R.J. Zlatoper, who currently sits as Vice-Dean of the Hawaii Consular Corps, offered a toast on behalf of the consular corps. END