Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 26 May 2016
- Thursday, 26 May 2016 Las Damas De Rizal 2ND European Convention Held in Brussels
- Thursday, 26 May 2016 Embassy Bids Farewell to Pig and Palm Chef
- Thursday, 26 May 2016 Helobung Wows Sochi During the Asean-Russia Festival of Cultures
- Thursday, 26 May 2016 NCCA Chairman Participates in the Asean-Russia Cultural Ministers Meeting in Sochi
17 April 2015 - Supporting its cultural, economic and public diplomacy objectives, the Philippine Embassy in Ottawa joined some 20 country exhibitors at the 20th Annual Celebration of Cultures held at the Algonquin College on March 25. The annual event is organized by the Algonquin Student Support Services and the Students’ Association.
Over 500 students visited the Philippine booth to sample the popular pancit bihon and other Philippine snacks sold in Canadian groceries. The students gained an appreciation of shell crafts, baskets and woven crafts from various parts of the country.
Philippine Ambassador to Canada Petronila P. Garcia expressed her gratitude to Algonquin College for providing a regular platform to present world cultures to broaden the worldview of the college’s students, faculty and staff.
“Our participation in this Celebration of Cultures is also a source of pride for Filipino-Canadian students enrolled in Algonquin. We are happy to see them every year with friends of different ethnicities in tow,” she said. END