Thursday, 05 May 2016
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Philippines and Cambodia to Enhance Cooperation on Migration and Labor
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Statement on the Demise of the Hon. Domingo L. Siazon, Jr. (UPDATED)
- Sunday, 01 May 2016 Statement On the Release of the 10 Indonesian Hostages
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 06 May 2016
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to New Zealand Presents Credentials to the Governor-General of New Zealand
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PH Children’s Books Featured in Korea Foundation Exhibit in Seoul
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PHL Consulate General in San Francisco Holds Consular Outreach in Anchorage and Juneau, Alaska
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PHL Honorary Consul in Albania Takes Oath of Office
17 April 2015 - Supporting its cultural, economic and public diplomacy objectives, the Philippine Embassy in Ottawa joined some 20 country exhibitors at the 20th Annual Celebration of Cultures held at the Algonquin College on March 25. The annual event is organized by the Algonquin Student Support Services and the Students’ Association.
Over 500 students visited the Philippine booth to sample the popular pancit bihon and other Philippine snacks sold in Canadian groceries. The students gained an appreciation of shell crafts, baskets and woven crafts from various parts of the country.
Philippine Ambassador to Canada Petronila P. Garcia expressed her gratitude to Algonquin College for providing a regular platform to present world cultures to broaden the worldview of the college’s students, faculty and staff.
“Our participation in this Celebration of Cultures is also a source of pride for Filipino-Canadian students enrolled in Algonquin. We are happy to see them every year with friends of different ethnicities in tow,” she said. END