Thursday, 05 May 2016
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Statement on the Demise of the Hon. Domingo L. Siazon, Jr. (UPDATED)
- Sunday, 01 May 2016 Statement On the Release of the 10 Indonesian Hostages
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China in Singapore
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 05 May 2016
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 PH Receives Award for Project on E-Employment
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 PHL Ambassador Addresses Management Board of the Swiss Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Asean Committee of Lisbon Portugal Conducts 2ND Asean-Portugal Forum on Strengthening Economic and Business Partnerships
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Bahrain Casts His Ballot Before the End of Overseas Voting on May 09
28 May 2014 - Dr. Bernadette V. Gonzales, Team Leader of the Secondary Education Sector Development Project (SESDP) of the Lao Ministry of Education, was awarded top prize among outstanding projects recognized for having helped advance socio-economic development and reducing poverty in Laos.
The three projects include two by teams from the Ministry of Education and Sports designed to strengthen higher and secondary education and one from the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry for the successful implementation of the Nam Ngum River basic development project. The three winning projects were chosen from a pool of 13 nominees, from a total of 28 ongoing grant and loan projects.
The selection process for the 2013 outstanding project teams was jointly undertaken by the Ministry of Planning and Investment, the Ministry of Finance and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Laos Resident Mission. They were judged in accordance with five agreed selection criteria measuring project performance including technical performance, achievement of contract award targets, achievement of disbursement target, timely submission of quality project audit report and compliance with safeguard requirements.
Present at the ceremony to hand over the awards were Lao Minister for Planning and Investment Somdy Douangdy and ADB Country Director to Laos Sandra Nicol.
Dr. Gonzales also heads the Basic Education Sector Development Project (BESDP) of the Lao Ministry of Education. She is also President and Chief Executive Officer of International Technology Management Corporation (Intem) with offices in Pasig City, Philippines. END