Monday, 30 May 2016
- Friday, 13 May 2016 APEC Senior Officials to Meet in Arequipa, Peru for 2nd APEC Senior
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Monday, 30 May 2016
- Monday, 30 May 2016 “Masaya Choir” Calls on French Foreign Minister at the Quai D’orsay
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Abu Dhabi Attends Special Screening of Indie Film “Partition”
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Norway Participates in Sprak Og Kultur Festivalen
- Monday, 30 May 2016 NDCP Promotes People-to-People Exchanges, Visits Myanmar
28 May 2014 - Dr. Bernadette V. Gonzales, Team Leader of the Secondary Education Sector Development Project (SESDP) of the Lao Ministry of Education, was awarded top prize among outstanding projects recognized for having helped advance socio-economic development and reducing poverty in Laos.
The three projects include two by teams from the Ministry of Education and Sports designed to strengthen higher and secondary education and one from the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry for the successful implementation of the Nam Ngum River basic development project. The three winning projects were chosen from a pool of 13 nominees, from a total of 28 ongoing grant and loan projects.
The selection process for the 2013 outstanding project teams was jointly undertaken by the Ministry of Planning and Investment, the Ministry of Finance and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Laos Resident Mission. They were judged in accordance with five agreed selection criteria measuring project performance including technical performance, achievement of contract award targets, achievement of disbursement target, timely submission of quality project audit report and compliance with safeguard requirements.
Present at the ceremony to hand over the awards were Lao Minister for Planning and Investment Somdy Douangdy and ADB Country Director to Laos Sandra Nicol.
Dr. Gonzales also heads the Basic Education Sector Development Project (BESDP) of the Lao Ministry of Education. She is also President and Chief Executive Officer of International Technology Management Corporation (Intem) with offices in Pasig City, Philippines. END