Monday, 30 May 2016
- Friday, 13 May 2016 APEC Senior Officials to Meet in Arequipa, Peru for 2nd APEC Senior
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Monday, 30 May 2016
- Monday, 30 May 2016 “Masaya Choir” Calls on French Foreign Minister at the Quai D’orsay
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Abu Dhabi Attends Special Screening of Indie Film “Partition”
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Norway Participates in Sprak Og Kultur Festivalen
- Monday, 30 May 2016 NDCP Promotes People-to-People Exchanges, Visits Myanmar
13 June 2014- Ambassador Victoria Bataclan, Philippine Ambassador to Belgium and Luxembourg and Head of the Philippine Mission to the European Union rallied Filipino community leaders towards patriotism and responsible citizenry as she addressed some 150 Filipino community leaders during the “Agahan Para sa Kalayaan,” a celebration of the 116th Anniversary of the Declaration of Philippine Independence at the Philippine Embassy in Brussels, Belgium last June 8.
Reminding the assembly of the theme of the 116th anniversary celebration, “Pagsunod sa Yapak ng mga Dakilang Pilipino, Tungo sa Malawakan at Permanenteng Pagbabago,” the Ambassador urged the community to contribute to the Philippine Government’s efforts to achieve irreversible and inclusive economic growth.
The “Agahan” began with the Philippine National Anthem and the “Panunumpa ng Katapatan sa Watawat ng Pilipinas” which were led by children of Embassy personnel. Prayers were offered by Fr. Luke Moortgat, a Manila-based CICM priest who is currently visiting Belgium, Pastor Vic Sornes of the Jesus Is Lord Ministry in Belgium, and Fr. Rowan Rebustillo, a Filipino priest and PhD student at the Catholic University of Leuven.
Messages from the Secretary of Trade and Industry, the Secretary of Foreign Affairs and President Benigno S. Aquino III were read by Commercial Counsellor Zafrullah Masahud, Vice-Consul Ralph Vincent Abarquez and Consul General Robespierre Bolivar, respectively.
The celebration featured performances by Ms. Jessica Manalo, Champion of “The Voice” – LNW of Luxembourg; Ms. Rose Gatdula, a renowned Filipino singer in Belgium; and Douglas Nierras’ “Powerdance” troupe. The highlight of the event was a Chorale rendition by Embassy personnel, led by the Ambassador, of the songs “Kay Ganda ng Ating Musika” and “Isang Dugo, Isang Lahi, Isang Musika”.
The entire assembly sang “Ako ay Pilipino” to cap the celebrations.
“Agahan sa Kalayaan” is an annual affair organized by the Embassy to serve as a kick-off ceremony of all Philippine Independence day celebrations in Belgium and Luxembourg. END