Wednesday, 10 February 2016
- Wednesday, 10 February 2016 DFA Secretary Del Rosario Exits After a 5-Year Principled Stewardship
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Philippines and Iran successfully conclude the Sixth Joint Consular Consultation Meeting
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Rocket Launch
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on the Reported Showing of a Pirated Movie in a Satellite Consular Office
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 10 February 2016
- Wednesday, 10 February 2016 Philippine Independent Film on OFWs Shines in 22ND Asian Film Festival in Vesoul, France
- Wednesday, 10 February 2016 PHL Embassy in Muscat hosts A Lecture on Philippine Culture by NCCA Chairman
- Wednesday, 10 February 2016 PHL Embassy in Brunei Darussalam Holds Kapihan sa Pasuguan
- Wednesday, 10 February 2016 PHL Ambassador to Turkey Calls on Newly Re-Appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs
30 September 2014 – Lao PDR hosted the 35th General Assembly of the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA) from September 14 to 20 at the Don Chan Palace Hotel in Vientiane. The meeting was chaired by AIPA President and President of the Lao National Assembly Pany Yathotou.
Deputy Speaker Giorgidi B. Aggabao of the 4th District of Isabela headed the Philippine delegation composed of Cebu City Representative Raul V. Del Mar, La Union Representative Victor C. Ortega, Manila Representative Maria Zenaida Benedicto-Angping, Tarlac Representative Susan Yap-Sulit, Baguio Representative Nicasio M. Aliping, Jr., and Zambales Representative Cheryl P. Deloso-Montalla.
The theme of the meeting was “Strengthening Parliamentary Cooperation in the ASEAN Community Building,” and the discussions focused on ways to enhance the role of AIPA in ASEAN integration.
The five-day event kicked-off with a meeting of the Women Parliamentarians of AIPA (WAIPA), which deliberated on strengthening the role of women parliamentarians in the ASEAN community building, strengthening efforts to prevent all forms of discrimination and violence against women and children in ASEAN member countries, and the leadership of women in ASEAN.
In consonance with the theme, the 35th General Assembly adopted the Resolution on Parliamentary Cooperation in the ASEAN Political-Security Community. The meeting also adopted resolutions on fostering a green growth development strategy in ASEAN, promoting entrepreneurship in the process of narrowing the development gap in ASEAN, strengthening cooperation among AIPA member countries to combat Ebola Virus Disease and enhancing parliamentary cooperation on the prevention and control of non-communicable diseases.
The parliamentarians also reviewed a draft resolution to strengthen the role of AIPA Member Parliaments in developing vocational education and skilled labor in preparation for the integration of the ASEAN labor market.
Separate dialogue sessions were also conducted between AIPA Member Parliaments and eight observer countries to discuss new approaches and venues for parliamentary cooperation. END