Sunday, 01 May 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 03 May 2016
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Breaches 10,000 Voter Benchmark, Commemorates Women’s Suffrage Day
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy Calls on Yangon Region Chief and Yangon Mayor, Discusses Strengthening of Relations
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Tokyo Celebrates Labor Day
- Monday, 02 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Prague Hosts Asian Ambassadors’ Lunch Meeting with Czech Human Rights Minister Jiří Dienstbier Jr.
30 September 2014 – Lao PDR hosted the 35th General Assembly of the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA) from September 14 to 20 at the Don Chan Palace Hotel in Vientiane. The meeting was chaired by AIPA President and President of the Lao National Assembly Pany Yathotou.
Deputy Speaker Giorgidi B. Aggabao of the 4th District of Isabela headed the Philippine delegation composed of Cebu City Representative Raul V. Del Mar, La Union Representative Victor C. Ortega, Manila Representative Maria Zenaida Benedicto-Angping, Tarlac Representative Susan Yap-Sulit, Baguio Representative Nicasio M. Aliping, Jr., and Zambales Representative Cheryl P. Deloso-Montalla.
The theme of the meeting was “Strengthening Parliamentary Cooperation in the ASEAN Community Building,” and the discussions focused on ways to enhance the role of AIPA in ASEAN integration.
The five-day event kicked-off with a meeting of the Women Parliamentarians of AIPA (WAIPA), which deliberated on strengthening the role of women parliamentarians in the ASEAN community building, strengthening efforts to prevent all forms of discrimination and violence against women and children in ASEAN member countries, and the leadership of women in ASEAN.
In consonance with the theme, the 35th General Assembly adopted the Resolution on Parliamentary Cooperation in the ASEAN Political-Security Community. The meeting also adopted resolutions on fostering a green growth development strategy in ASEAN, promoting entrepreneurship in the process of narrowing the development gap in ASEAN, strengthening cooperation among AIPA member countries to combat Ebola Virus Disease and enhancing parliamentary cooperation on the prevention and control of non-communicable diseases.
The parliamentarians also reviewed a draft resolution to strengthen the role of AIPA Member Parliaments in developing vocational education and skilled labor in preparation for the integration of the ASEAN labor market.
Separate dialogue sessions were also conducted between AIPA Member Parliaments and eight observer countries to discuss new approaches and venues for parliamentary cooperation. END