Friday, 01 July 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Announcement of the July 12 Issuance of the Ruling on the Arbitration Case
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Terrorist Attack on Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 Statement on the Brexit Polls
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 01 July 2016
- Friday, 01 July 2016 PHL Consulate General Joins Filipinos in New South Wales in Month-Long Celebration of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Filipino Spirit of Camaraderie Shines Through in the Opening of the 15th Season of the Philippine Basketball Association of Shanghai
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Korean Train Manufacturer Urged to Put Up Operations in PH
- Friday, 01 July 2016 PHL Consulate General in Luxembourg Celebrates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
30 September 2014 – Lao PDR hosted the 35th General Assembly of the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA) from September 14 to 20 at the Don Chan Palace Hotel in Vientiane. The meeting was chaired by AIPA President and President of the Lao National Assembly Pany Yathotou.
Deputy Speaker Giorgidi B. Aggabao of the 4th District of Isabela headed the Philippine delegation composed of Cebu City Representative Raul V. Del Mar, La Union Representative Victor C. Ortega, Manila Representative Maria Zenaida Benedicto-Angping, Tarlac Representative Susan Yap-Sulit, Baguio Representative Nicasio M. Aliping, Jr., and Zambales Representative Cheryl P. Deloso-Montalla.
The theme of the meeting was “Strengthening Parliamentary Cooperation in the ASEAN Community Building,” and the discussions focused on ways to enhance the role of AIPA in ASEAN integration.
The five-day event kicked-off with a meeting of the Women Parliamentarians of AIPA (WAIPA), which deliberated on strengthening the role of women parliamentarians in the ASEAN community building, strengthening efforts to prevent all forms of discrimination and violence against women and children in ASEAN member countries, and the leadership of women in ASEAN.
In consonance with the theme, the 35th General Assembly adopted the Resolution on Parliamentary Cooperation in the ASEAN Political-Security Community. The meeting also adopted resolutions on fostering a green growth development strategy in ASEAN, promoting entrepreneurship in the process of narrowing the development gap in ASEAN, strengthening cooperation among AIPA member countries to combat Ebola Virus Disease and enhancing parliamentary cooperation on the prevention and control of non-communicable diseases.
The parliamentarians also reviewed a draft resolution to strengthen the role of AIPA Member Parliaments in developing vocational education and skilled labor in preparation for the integration of the ASEAN labor market.
Separate dialogue sessions were also conducted between AIPA Member Parliaments and eight observer countries to discuss new approaches and venues for parliamentary cooperation. END