Wednesday, 25 November 2015
- Friday, 20 November 2015 Spouses of Foreign Affairs and Trade & Industry Secretaries Jointly Host APEC Ministerial Meeting – Spouses Program
- Friday, 20 November 2015 Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert F. Del Rosario Confers Order of Sikatuna on outgoing Iranian Ambassador
- Friday, 20 November 2015 OECD: Philippines has the Most Favorable Growth Outlook among Asean-5 in 2016
- Thursday, 19 November 2015 President Benigno S. Aquino III Meets with Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on APEC Summit Sidelines at the PICC
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 26 November 2015
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 PHL Ambassador to Thailand models for The Philippines at Abhorn 3: “The Magical Spell of Asean Textiles”
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 Philippine-Qatar Trade Initiative explores Business Opportunities in Qatar
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 PHL Consulate General in Hong Kong trained on assisting victims of sexual violence
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 PHL Embassy in Rome conducts an Outreach Mission in Pisa, Italy
30 September 2014 – Lao PDR hosted the 35th General Assembly of the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA) from September 14 to 20 at the Don Chan Palace Hotel in Vientiane. The meeting was chaired by AIPA President and President of the Lao National Assembly Pany Yathotou.
Deputy Speaker Giorgidi B. Aggabao of the 4th District of Isabela headed the Philippine delegation composed of Cebu City Representative Raul V. Del Mar, La Union Representative Victor C. Ortega, Manila Representative Maria Zenaida Benedicto-Angping, Tarlac Representative Susan Yap-Sulit, Baguio Representative Nicasio M. Aliping, Jr., and Zambales Representative Cheryl P. Deloso-Montalla.
The theme of the meeting was “Strengthening Parliamentary Cooperation in the ASEAN Community Building,” and the discussions focused on ways to enhance the role of AIPA in ASEAN integration.
The five-day event kicked-off with a meeting of the Women Parliamentarians of AIPA (WAIPA), which deliberated on strengthening the role of women parliamentarians in the ASEAN community building, strengthening efforts to prevent all forms of discrimination and violence against women and children in ASEAN member countries, and the leadership of women in ASEAN.
In consonance with the theme, the 35th General Assembly adopted the Resolution on Parliamentary Cooperation in the ASEAN Political-Security Community. The meeting also adopted resolutions on fostering a green growth development strategy in ASEAN, promoting entrepreneurship in the process of narrowing the development gap in ASEAN, strengthening cooperation among AIPA member countries to combat Ebola Virus Disease and enhancing parliamentary cooperation on the prevention and control of non-communicable diseases.
The parliamentarians also reviewed a draft resolution to strengthen the role of AIPA Member Parliaments in developing vocational education and skilled labor in preparation for the integration of the ASEAN labor market.
Separate dialogue sessions were also conducted between AIPA Member Parliaments and eight observer countries to discuss new approaches and venues for parliamentary cooperation. END