Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Monday, 23 May 2016
- Monday, 23 May 2016 PHL Mission/Consulate General in Geneva Conducts Consular Outreach in Lausanne
- Monday, 23 May 2016 PHL Mission Asserts Migrants’ Right to Health in a Roundtable Discussion on “Addressing Health Vulnerabilities of Migrants in Large Migration Flows”
- Monday, 23 May 2016 PH Leads Efforts to Enhance Climate Action Across Sectors
- Monday, 23 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Vienna Holds GAD Activity for Filipino Women in Vienna
30 September 2014 – Lao PDR hosted the 35th General Assembly of the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA) from September 14 to 20 at the Don Chan Palace Hotel in Vientiane. The meeting was chaired by AIPA President and President of the Lao National Assembly Pany Yathotou.
Deputy Speaker Giorgidi B. Aggabao of the 4th District of Isabela headed the Philippine delegation composed of Cebu City Representative Raul V. Del Mar, La Union Representative Victor C. Ortega, Manila Representative Maria Zenaida Benedicto-Angping, Tarlac Representative Susan Yap-Sulit, Baguio Representative Nicasio M. Aliping, Jr., and Zambales Representative Cheryl P. Deloso-Montalla.
The theme of the meeting was “Strengthening Parliamentary Cooperation in the ASEAN Community Building,” and the discussions focused on ways to enhance the role of AIPA in ASEAN integration.
The five-day event kicked-off with a meeting of the Women Parliamentarians of AIPA (WAIPA), which deliberated on strengthening the role of women parliamentarians in the ASEAN community building, strengthening efforts to prevent all forms of discrimination and violence against women and children in ASEAN member countries, and the leadership of women in ASEAN.
In consonance with the theme, the 35th General Assembly adopted the Resolution on Parliamentary Cooperation in the ASEAN Political-Security Community. The meeting also adopted resolutions on fostering a green growth development strategy in ASEAN, promoting entrepreneurship in the process of narrowing the development gap in ASEAN, strengthening cooperation among AIPA member countries to combat Ebola Virus Disease and enhancing parliamentary cooperation on the prevention and control of non-communicable diseases.
The parliamentarians also reviewed a draft resolution to strengthen the role of AIPA Member Parliaments in developing vocational education and skilled labor in preparation for the integration of the ASEAN labor market.
Separate dialogue sessions were also conducted between AIPA Member Parliaments and eight observer countries to discuss new approaches and venues for parliamentary cooperation. END