Friday, 24 June 2016
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Rosario G. Manalo Wins Seat in UN Treaty Body on Gender Equality and Women's Rights
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 ASEAN and Canada Agree to Strengthen Cooperation in Run Up to 40th Anniversary of ASEAN-Canada Relations in 2017
- Monday, 20 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office in Lucena Commemorates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 24 June 2016
- Friday, 24 June 2016 Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara Graces 118th Independence Day Celebrations in Saipan; Visits PHL Consulate General in Guam
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Bids Farewell to Lebanon’s MFAE Secretary General
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on Lebanon’s MFAE Director for Political and Consular Affairs
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Embassy Inaugurates Miniature Replica of Rizal Monument on
19 December 2014 – The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh proudly announces that Mr. Herbert Bagolbagol won First Prize in the Smart Phone Photography Category during the awarding ceremony for the “Colors of Saudi Arabia Forum 2014” held on December 14 at the Riyadh International Convention and Exhibition Center (RICEC) at King Abdullah Road in Riyadh.
Mr. Bagolbagol is the only Filipino who won in the competition along with other Saudi and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) expatriates who participated in the competition. His entry entitled, “Clay Tower Old Village of Rawdat Sudair”, was taken last June during one of his trips in Najd, located at the central part of Saudi Arabia.
The Colors of Saudi Arabia Forum is a yearly activity organized by the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA) under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Sultan bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, SCTA President. It is touted as the largest event in Saudi Arabia for photography and short films in the fields of tourism, culture and heritage.
Aside from the winning entry of Mr. Bagolbagol, there are also other photographs taken by Filipino photographers which are currently on exhibit at the Diplomatic Pavilion inside the Forum.
The Embassy expressed its heartfelt congratulations to Mr. Bagolbagol for his achievement and invites all Filipino nationals in the Kingdom to visit the Forum to appreciate the beauty of Saudi Arabia as seen through the lens of Saudi, GCC and Filipino photographers, and to have a glimpse of the winning photo of Mr. Bagolbagol. The Forum will run until December 20. END