Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 27 May 2016
- Friday, 27 May 2016 Emir of Riyadh Graces PHL Embassy Celebration of the 118th Anniversary of the Declaration of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Oman Joins ASEAN Committee in Muscat Tour of Sohar
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Madrid Promotes Philippine Investment Opportunities to Valencian Companies
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Amman Holds Third Filipino Film Days 2016 in Celebration of the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
27 February 2014 - The Philippine Embassy in Madrid commemorated the 29th Anniversary of the EDSA People Power Revolution with members of the Filipino community through a flag-raising ceremony on February 25.
The flag-raising was followed by a message from Philippine Ambassador to Spain Carlos C. Salinas. The Ambassador reminded everyone that “the developments that led to the Philippines being an emerging force in Asia all started in EDSA” and that through EDSA, “we did not just dismantle autocracy; we built an entirely new nation whose citizenry is of a conscience, a purpose, and a resolve.”
Ambassador Salinas also echoed the words of Ninoy Aquino to “serve with all your heart, all your strength” and called on the participants to serve our country “as if serving is the point and the reward in itself.”
Consul General Emmanuel Fernandez then read the speech that was delivered by President Benigno S. Aquino III at the Shrine of Mary, Queen of Peace, Our Lady of EDSA in commemoration of EDSA 29.
Participants were later invited to partake of breakfast while listening to songs inspired by said revolution. END