Friday, 01 July 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Announcement of the July 12 Issuance of the Ruling on the Arbitration Case
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Terrorist Attack on Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 Statement on the Brexit Polls
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 01 July 2016
- Friday, 01 July 2016 PHL Consulate General Joins Filipinos in New South Wales in Month-Long Celebration of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Filipino Spirit of Camaraderie Shines Through in the Opening of the 15th Season of the Philippine Basketball Association of Shanghai
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Korean Train Manufacturer Urged to Put Up Operations in PH
- Friday, 01 July 2016 PHL Consulate General in Luxembourg Celebrates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
27 February 2014 - The Philippine Embassy in Madrid commemorated the 29th Anniversary of the EDSA People Power Revolution with members of the Filipino community through a flag-raising ceremony on February 25.
The flag-raising was followed by a message from Philippine Ambassador to Spain Carlos C. Salinas. The Ambassador reminded everyone that “the developments that led to the Philippines being an emerging force in Asia all started in EDSA” and that through EDSA, “we did not just dismantle autocracy; we built an entirely new nation whose citizenry is of a conscience, a purpose, and a resolve.”
Ambassador Salinas also echoed the words of Ninoy Aquino to “serve with all your heart, all your strength” and called on the participants to serve our country “as if serving is the point and the reward in itself.”
Consul General Emmanuel Fernandez then read the speech that was delivered by President Benigno S. Aquino III at the Shrine of Mary, Queen of Peace, Our Lady of EDSA in commemoration of EDSA 29.
Participants were later invited to partake of breakfast while listening to songs inspired by said revolution. END