Friday, 05 February 2016
- Friday, 05 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Recent Notification of a Rocket Launch
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 Philippines and Sri Lanka sign Memorandum of Understanding on Political Consultations
- Friday, 29 January 2016 Statement on the Recently Concluded Command Conference on the Contingency Plans on the Diplomatic Tension Between the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Tuesday, 26 January 2016 Statement on various terrorist incidents against innocents and civilians
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 04 February 2016
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Consulate General in Milan holds Economic Country Briefing
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Ambassador in Paris talks about PH resilience amidst China’s Slowdown
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 Prosecuting Attorney of Honolulu City and County visits the PHL Consulate
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Ambassador and Timor-Leste Minister of Education discuss ways of strengthening Cooperation in Education
27 February 2014 - The Philippine Embassy in Madrid commemorated the 29th Anniversary of the EDSA People Power Revolution with members of the Filipino community through a flag-raising ceremony on February 25.
The flag-raising was followed by a message from Philippine Ambassador to Spain Carlos C. Salinas. The Ambassador reminded everyone that “the developments that led to the Philippines being an emerging force in Asia all started in EDSA” and that through EDSA, “we did not just dismantle autocracy; we built an entirely new nation whose citizenry is of a conscience, a purpose, and a resolve.”
Ambassador Salinas also echoed the words of Ninoy Aquino to “serve with all your heart, all your strength” and called on the participants to serve our country “as if serving is the point and the reward in itself.”
Consul General Emmanuel Fernandez then read the speech that was delivered by President Benigno S. Aquino III at the Shrine of Mary, Queen of Peace, Our Lady of EDSA in commemoration of EDSA 29.
Participants were later invited to partake of breakfast while listening to songs inspired by said revolution. END