Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 25 May 2016
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 PHL Embassy Outreach Processes 1,233 Consular Services in Al Khobar
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 PH Participates in Xiamen’s 5th Nanyang Festival’s Business Matchmaking Workshop
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 Call for Applications for the 5th Filipino-American Youth Leadership Program
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Riyadh Processes 13,867 Consular Services in April 2016
21 May 2014- Philippine Ambassador to Mexico Catalino R. Dilem, Jr., together with the other foreign ambassadors accredited to Mexico, joined the inauguration of the “15° Encuentros Internacionales de Convivencia y Hermandad Universal” (15th International Encounters of Shared Experiences and Universal Brotherhood), a week-long cultural festival held in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato State, on May 9.
On May 10, the Philippine Embassy cultural group, composed of Embassy personnel, their dependents and members of the Filipino community, put on a Philippine cultural presentation consisting of bulaklakan and tinikling folk dances, a vocal rendition of Pinoy Ako, and a production number highlighting traditional Philippine costumes such as the terno, traje de mestiza, Maria Clara, Igorot, and Muslim traditional dress.
The 35-minute show also included traditional games such as the binasuan and luksong tinik, an itik-itik dance number, and an arnis exhibition by Third Secretary and Vice Consul Mikhal de Dios and Consular Assistant Fernando Carillo, Jr.
After the tinikling performance, lead dancer Ms. Opalyn dela Cruz from the Filipino community invited the audience members to dance onstage. Several individuals participated to the delight of the crowd.
Mr. Luis Ferro de la Sota, overall coordinator of the event, awarded the Philippine Embassy a certificate of recognition. In his speech, he commented that the Philippines’ contribution was something that they eagerly look forward to every year.
San Miguel de Allende is a colonial town and is a world-favorite tourist attraction, especially for artists and retired expatriates. It has been named a world heritage site by the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization. END