Friday, 05 February 2016
- Friday, 05 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Recent Notification of a Rocket Launch
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 Philippines and Sri Lanka sign Memorandum of Understanding on Political Consultations
- Friday, 29 January 2016 Statement on the Recently Concluded Command Conference on the Contingency Plans on the Diplomatic Tension Between the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Tuesday, 26 January 2016 Statement on various terrorist incidents against innocents and civilians
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 04 February 2016
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Consulate General in Milan holds Economic Country Briefing
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Ambassador in Paris talks about PH resilience amidst China’s Slowdown
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 Prosecuting Attorney of Honolulu City and County visits the PHL Consulate
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Ambassador and Timor-Leste Minister of Education discuss ways of strengthening Cooperation in Education
21 May 2014- Philippine Ambassador to Mexico Catalino R. Dilem, Jr., together with the other foreign ambassadors accredited to Mexico, joined the inauguration of the “15° Encuentros Internacionales de Convivencia y Hermandad Universal” (15th International Encounters of Shared Experiences and Universal Brotherhood), a week-long cultural festival held in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato State, on May 9.
On May 10, the Philippine Embassy cultural group, composed of Embassy personnel, their dependents and members of the Filipino community, put on a Philippine cultural presentation consisting of bulaklakan and tinikling folk dances, a vocal rendition of Pinoy Ako, and a production number highlighting traditional Philippine costumes such as the terno, traje de mestiza, Maria Clara, Igorot, and Muslim traditional dress.
The 35-minute show also included traditional games such as the binasuan and luksong tinik, an itik-itik dance number, and an arnis exhibition by Third Secretary and Vice Consul Mikhal de Dios and Consular Assistant Fernando Carillo, Jr.
After the tinikling performance, lead dancer Ms. Opalyn dela Cruz from the Filipino community invited the audience members to dance onstage. Several individuals participated to the delight of the crowd.
Mr. Luis Ferro de la Sota, overall coordinator of the event, awarded the Philippine Embassy a certificate of recognition. In his speech, he commented that the Philippines’ contribution was something that they eagerly look forward to every year.
San Miguel de Allende is a colonial town and is a world-favorite tourist attraction, especially for artists and retired expatriates. It has been named a world heritage site by the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization. END