Tuesday, 28 June 2016
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
- Friday, 24 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office Lucena Joins #Pagyanig2016 The Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 29 June 2016
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 FABEX Chicago’s “Progress and Success Speaker Series” Featured at the Filcom Meet-Up
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 PHL Embassy in Lebanon Commemorates the 155th Birth Anniversary of Dr. Jose Rizal
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 PHL Embassy Attends the Opening Ceremony of the Annual Sports Event for OFWs in Lebanon
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on the Director General of Lebanon’s General Security
21 May 2014- Philippine Ambassador to Mexico Catalino R. Dilem, Jr., together with the other foreign ambassadors accredited to Mexico, joined the inauguration of the “15° Encuentros Internacionales de Convivencia y Hermandad Universal” (15th International Encounters of Shared Experiences and Universal Brotherhood), a week-long cultural festival held in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato State, on May 9.
On May 10, the Philippine Embassy cultural group, composed of Embassy personnel, their dependents and members of the Filipino community, put on a Philippine cultural presentation consisting of bulaklakan and tinikling folk dances, a vocal rendition of Pinoy Ako, and a production number highlighting traditional Philippine costumes such as the terno, traje de mestiza, Maria Clara, Igorot, and Muslim traditional dress.
The 35-minute show also included traditional games such as the binasuan and luksong tinik, an itik-itik dance number, and an arnis exhibition by Third Secretary and Vice Consul Mikhal de Dios and Consular Assistant Fernando Carillo, Jr.
After the tinikling performance, lead dancer Ms. Opalyn dela Cruz from the Filipino community invited the audience members to dance onstage. Several individuals participated to the delight of the crowd.
Mr. Luis Ferro de la Sota, overall coordinator of the event, awarded the Philippine Embassy a certificate of recognition. In his speech, he commented that the Philippines’ contribution was something that they eagerly look forward to every year.
San Miguel de Allende is a colonial town and is a world-favorite tourist attraction, especially for artists and retired expatriates. It has been named a world heritage site by the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization. END