Friday, 05 February 2016
- Friday, 05 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Recent Notification of a Rocket Launch
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 Philippines and Sri Lanka sign Memorandum of Understanding on Political Consultations
- Friday, 29 January 2016 Statement on the Recently Concluded Command Conference on the Contingency Plans on the Diplomatic Tension Between the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Tuesday, 26 January 2016 Statement on various terrorist incidents against innocents and civilians
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 04 February 2016
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Consulate General in Milan holds Economic Country Briefing
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Ambassador in Paris talks about PH resilience amidst China’s Slowdown
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 Prosecuting Attorney of Honolulu City and County visits the PHL Consulate
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Ambassador and Timor-Leste Minister of Education discuss ways of strengthening Cooperation in Education
05 June 2014 - Philippine Consul General Marichu Mauro visited the Archdiocese of Milan to meet the new Director of the Pastoral Council for Migrants, Father Alberto Vitali, who manages the office dedicated to promote migrants’ welfare on May 27.
Milan is home to a huge number of Filipino Catholics who play an active role in church activities with the support of the Archdiocese and the Filipino chaplaincies. Father Vitali commended Filipinos for being respectful, polite and organized which is appreciated by the Italians.
Father Vitali looks forward to strengthening the cooperation with the Consulate and the various Filipino Catholic groups in projects that will promote social unity and the common good of the entire Filipino community in Milan. He also intends, with the collaboration of the Filipino chaplains, to introduce programs for cultural integration.
The office of the Pastoral Council for Migrants facilitates the participation all foreign migrants in the church and provides pastoral care to Catholics from diverse ethnic backgrounds.
The Archdiocese of Milan, through the Pastoral Council for Migrants, supports the annual celebration in Milan of the Santa Cruzan in May and the Grand Simbang Gabi in December which are participated in by all the Catholic communities in Milan. END