Thursday, 05 May 2016
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Philippines and Cambodia to Enhance Cooperation on Migration and Labor
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Statement on the Demise of the Hon. Domingo L. Siazon, Jr. (UPDATED)
- Sunday, 01 May 2016 Statement On the Release of the 10 Indonesian Hostages
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 05 May 2016
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 PH Receives Award for Project on E-Employment
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 PHL Ambassador Addresses Management Board of the Swiss Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Asean Committee of Lisbon Portugal Conducts 2ND Asean-Portugal Forum on Strengthening Economic and Business Partnerships
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Bahrain Casts His Ballot Before the End of Overseas Voting on May 09
05 June 2014 - Philippine Consul General Marichu Mauro visited the Archdiocese of Milan to meet the new Director of the Pastoral Council for Migrants, Father Alberto Vitali, who manages the office dedicated to promote migrants’ welfare on May 27.
Milan is home to a huge number of Filipino Catholics who play an active role in church activities with the support of the Archdiocese and the Filipino chaplaincies. Father Vitali commended Filipinos for being respectful, polite and organized which is appreciated by the Italians.
Father Vitali looks forward to strengthening the cooperation with the Consulate and the various Filipino Catholic groups in projects that will promote social unity and the common good of the entire Filipino community in Milan. He also intends, with the collaboration of the Filipino chaplains, to introduce programs for cultural integration.
The office of the Pastoral Council for Migrants facilitates the participation all foreign migrants in the church and provides pastoral care to Catholics from diverse ethnic backgrounds.
The Archdiocese of Milan, through the Pastoral Council for Migrants, supports the annual celebration in Milan of the Santa Cruzan in May and the Grand Simbang Gabi in December which are participated in by all the Catholic communities in Milan. END