Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 27 May 2016
- Friday, 27 May 2016 Emir of Riyadh Graces PHL Embassy Celebration of the 118th Anniversary of the Declaration of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Oman Joins ASEAN Committee in Muscat Tour of Sohar
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Madrid Promotes Philippine Investment Opportunities to Valencian Companies
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Amman Holds Third Filipino Film Days 2016 in Celebration of the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
3 December 2014 – Philippine Ambassador to Myanmar Alex G. Chua met with representatives from the Philippine Franchise Association (PFA) on November 27 to discuss opportunities for Philippine franchises in Myanmar.
Ambassador Chua expressed confidence that Philippine franchise brands will be able to find a market in Myanmar. He said, “The establishment of the ASEAN Economic Community in 2015 should encourage Philippine franchise brands to seek opportunities in the region. Myanmar is an interesting market as its franchise industry is still at its infancy.”
“Myanmar now has Lotteria, Chatime, BBQ, and Ya Kun Kaya Toast, among others, since opening up its market. The addition of Philippine franchise brand will benefit not only the local community but also the increasing number of Filipinos in Myanmar,”Ambassador Chua added.
Dr. Alan Escalona (CFE), President of Fruit Magic and PFA Director for External Relations and Advocacy, headed the five-member delegation. He noted PFA’s active promotion of Philippine franchise brands in the region. Myanmar, he said, “is an interesting market which is why PFA organized an exploratory mission to look into opportunities for Philippine franchise brands.”
PFA was in Myanmar to participate in Linamnam Fiesta. It was scheduled to conduct market scanning activities and meet with representatives of the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (UMFCCI), Myanmar Restaurant Association, and Myanmar Women Entrepreneurs’ Association. PFA also conducted a seminar on franchising opportunities for Filipinos in Myanmar on November 27 and joined the Exporters/Importers Meeting, part of Linamnam Fiesta, on November 28. END