Thursday, 30 June 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Terrorist Attack on Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 Statement on the Brexit Polls
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 30 June 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Alunalun Dance Circle Performs at the National Theater Yangon
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 PHL Consulate General in Xiamen Hosts Philippine Independence Day Reception Cum Piano Concert
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 PHL Embassy Organizes “Water Symphony” Cultural Performance by Alunalun Dance Circle in Vientiane
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 PHL Embassy in Singapore Observes 2016 International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
14 January 2015 – The Philippines will host the First APEC Senior Officials’ Meeting and Related Meetings (SOM1) from January 26 to February 07 at Clark and Subic Freeport Zones.
As the first comprehensive Senior Officials’ Meeting for the year, SOM1 begins with a series of more than thirty working group and committee-level meetings covering various topics such as Trade and Investment, Economic and Technical Cooperation, Anti-Corruption, Counter Terrorism, Competition Policy, Ocean and Fisheries, Customs, E-Commerce, Life Sciences, Health, Illegal Logging, and Services.
Following from the outcomes of the APEC Informal Senior Officials’ Meeting (ISOM) held from 08 to 09 December 2014 in Manila, the various meetings will also discuss how each APEC working group can advance the APEC 2015 priorities and the overall theme of “Building Inclusive Economies, Building a Better World”.
The series of working group and committee-level meetings held from January 26 to February 05 will culminate in the Senior Officials’ Meeting to be held on 06 to 07 February 2015 in Fontana Leisure Park, Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga.
As host, the Philippines will also hold a Public-Private Dialogue (PPD) on Information Technology and Business Process Management (IT-BPM), Creative Industries, and Research and Development Services on 03 February 2015. The PPD on Services is the first in a “Dialogue Series,” which aims to guide the APEC Senior Officials and the APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) in promoting trade in services in the Asia-Pacific region. END