Thursday, 11 February 2016
- Wednesday, 10 February 2016 The Philippines hosts the Second International Meeting of the Global Action Against Mass Atrocity Crimes in Manila
- Wednesday, 10 February 2016 DFA Secretary Del Rosario Exits After a 5-Year Principled Stewardship
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Philippines and Iran successfully conclude the Sixth Joint Consular Consultation Meeting
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Rocket Launch
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 12 February 2016
- Friday, 12 February 2016 Results of Consular Outreach in McAllen, TX
- Friday, 12 February 2016 PHL Consulate General Hosts 1st PICPAWR Inter-School Spelling Bee Contests
- Friday, 12 February 2016 Philippine Airlines Resumes Flights at King Abdulaziz International Airport
- Friday, 12 February 2016 PH Shares Priorities for Climate Vulnerable Forum
14 January 2015 – The Philippines will host the First APEC Senior Officials’ Meeting and Related Meetings (SOM1) from January 26 to February 07 at Clark and Subic Freeport Zones.
As the first comprehensive Senior Officials’ Meeting for the year, SOM1 begins with a series of more than thirty working group and committee-level meetings covering various topics such as Trade and Investment, Economic and Technical Cooperation, Anti-Corruption, Counter Terrorism, Competition Policy, Ocean and Fisheries, Customs, E-Commerce, Life Sciences, Health, Illegal Logging, and Services.
Following from the outcomes of the APEC Informal Senior Officials’ Meeting (ISOM) held from 08 to 09 December 2014 in Manila, the various meetings will also discuss how each APEC working group can advance the APEC 2015 priorities and the overall theme of “Building Inclusive Economies, Building a Better World”.
The series of working group and committee-level meetings held from January 26 to February 05 will culminate in the Senior Officials’ Meeting to be held on 06 to 07 February 2015 in Fontana Leisure Park, Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga.
As host, the Philippines will also hold a Public-Private Dialogue (PPD) on Information Technology and Business Process Management (IT-BPM), Creative Industries, and Research and Development Services on 03 February 2015. The PPD on Services is the first in a “Dialogue Series,” which aims to guide the APEC Senior Officials and the APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) in promoting trade in services in the Asia-Pacific region. END