Thursday, 05 May 2016
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Philippines and Cambodia to Enhance Cooperation on Migration and Labor
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Statement on the Demise of the Hon. Domingo L. Siazon, Jr. (UPDATED)
- Sunday, 01 May 2016 Statement On the Release of the 10 Indonesian Hostages
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 06 May 2016
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to New Zealand Presents Credentials to the Governor-General of New Zealand
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PH Children’s Books Featured in Korea Foundation Exhibit in Seoul
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PHL Consulate General in San Francisco Holds Consular Outreach in Anchorage and Juneau, Alaska
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PHL Honorary Consul in Albania Takes Oath of Office
14 January 2015 – The Philippines will host the First APEC Senior Officials’ Meeting and Related Meetings (SOM1) from January 26 to February 07 at Clark and Subic Freeport Zones.
As the first comprehensive Senior Officials’ Meeting for the year, SOM1 begins with a series of more than thirty working group and committee-level meetings covering various topics such as Trade and Investment, Economic and Technical Cooperation, Anti-Corruption, Counter Terrorism, Competition Policy, Ocean and Fisheries, Customs, E-Commerce, Life Sciences, Health, Illegal Logging, and Services.
Following from the outcomes of the APEC Informal Senior Officials’ Meeting (ISOM) held from 08 to 09 December 2014 in Manila, the various meetings will also discuss how each APEC working group can advance the APEC 2015 priorities and the overall theme of “Building Inclusive Economies, Building a Better World”.
The series of working group and committee-level meetings held from January 26 to February 05 will culminate in the Senior Officials’ Meeting to be held on 06 to 07 February 2015 in Fontana Leisure Park, Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga.
As host, the Philippines will also hold a Public-Private Dialogue (PPD) on Information Technology and Business Process Management (IT-BPM), Creative Industries, and Research and Development Services on 03 February 2015. The PPD on Services is the first in a “Dialogue Series,” which aims to guide the APEC Senior Officials and the APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) in promoting trade in services in the Asia-Pacific region. END