Tuesday, 26 July 2016
- Tuesday, 26 July 2016 Philippine Statement at the 6th East Asia Summit Foreign Ministers Meeting
- Tuesday, 26 July 2016 Philippines Successfully Calls for the Observance of the Rule of Law as a Fundamental Principle of ASEAN
- Tuesday, 26 July 2016 Foreign Affairs Secretary Yasay Calls for ‘Rules-Based’ Approach for Resolving Disputes
- Monday, 25 July 2016 Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto Yasay and Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop Reaffirm Philippines-Australia Comprehensive Partnership
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 26 July 2016
- Tuesday, 26 July 2016 PHL Consulate General in New York Delivers Service to Filipinos in Massachusetts
- Tuesday, 26 July 2016 Celebrating People to People Relations at the Philippine-American Friendship Day Events in New Jersey and New York
- Tuesday, 26 July 2016 PHL Embassy in Bangkok Conducts Consular Outreach Missions in Chiang Mai And Phuket
- Monday, 25 July 2016 PHL Embassy Supports Post-Arrival Orientation Seminar by POLO Abu Dhabi
14 January 2015 – The Philippines will host the First APEC Senior Officials’ Meeting and Related Meetings (SOM1) from January 26 to February 07 at Clark and Subic Freeport Zones.
As the first comprehensive Senior Officials’ Meeting for the year, SOM1 begins with a series of more than thirty working group and committee-level meetings covering various topics such as Trade and Investment, Economic and Technical Cooperation, Anti-Corruption, Counter Terrorism, Competition Policy, Ocean and Fisheries, Customs, E-Commerce, Life Sciences, Health, Illegal Logging, and Services.
Following from the outcomes of the APEC Informal Senior Officials’ Meeting (ISOM) held from 08 to 09 December 2014 in Manila, the various meetings will also discuss how each APEC working group can advance the APEC 2015 priorities and the overall theme of “Building Inclusive Economies, Building a Better World”.
The series of working group and committee-level meetings held from January 26 to February 05 will culminate in the Senior Officials’ Meeting to be held on 06 to 07 February 2015 in Fontana Leisure Park, Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga.
As host, the Philippines will also hold a Public-Private Dialogue (PPD) on Information Technology and Business Process Management (IT-BPM), Creative Industries, and Research and Development Services on 03 February 2015. The PPD on Services is the first in a “Dialogue Series,” which aims to guide the APEC Senior Officials and the APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) in promoting trade in services in the Asia-Pacific region. END