Tuesday, 01 December 2015
- Friday, 27 November 2015 PHL Senior Associate Justice Gives Legal Perspective in International Security Forum in Canada
- Wednesday, 25 November 2015 Deadline for Reactivation of Overseas Voting Records is Extended
- Friday, 20 November 2015 Spouses of Foreign Affairs and Trade & Industry Secretaries Jointly Host APEC Ministerial Meeting – Spouses Program
- Friday, 20 November 2015 Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert F. Del Rosario Confers Order of Sikatuna on outgoing Iranian Ambassador
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 01 December 2015
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 Simbang Gabi, Pamaskong Handog Concert topbills Christmas Celebrations of PHL Embassy in Kuala Lumpur
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 PHL Embassy in Mexico joins 70TH Founding Anniversary of La Escuela Primaria Escuadron 201
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 PHL Embassy in Pretoria conducts information session on Gender and Development
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 PHL Embassy in Pretoria strengthens its Economic Diplomacy Program with visit from Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry
23 March 2015 – The Philippine Embassy’s Agricultural Counselor Victoriano B. Leviste and Minister Ivan Frank M. Olea met corporate executives from state-owned enterprise Goodfarmer, an agricultural trading company, in Beijing on March 13, to discuss ways to further increase the entry of Philippine fresh fruits into Northern, Central, and Western China.
At the meeting, Goodfarmer President Liu Zijie, General Manager Owen Zhang, Executive Director of Philippines Goodfarmer Banana Trading Corp. Bob Li, and General Director Liu Ziqui briefed Embassy officials on the company’s domestic and overseas operations, its products, and trade targets. They also informed the Embassy that it opened an office in Davao City last January, with 32 full-time Filipino staff complement and with plans to hire more within the next few months.
Embassy officials were given a tour of their banana ripening facilities and distribution center at the Beijing XinFaDi Agri-Product Wholesale Market, located in the southwest area of Beijing.
Goodfarmer Agricultural International Trade Co., Ltd (or Goodfarmer) was established in 2002, and has since expanded operations in the global supply-chain business of agricultural products. The export business of Goodfarmer includes manufacturing, processing, transportation, sales and marketing of agricultural products. In 2011, the company expanded its business to include the importation of agricultural products from abroad, which led to the establishment of distribution centers in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou.
The company also has six banana ripening facilities in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenyang, and is currently constructing two bigger ripening facilities in Shanghai and Beijing. END