Tuesday, 28 June 2016
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
- Friday, 24 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office Lucena Joins #Pagyanig2016 The Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 28 June 2016
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 PHL Ambassador’s Cup Golf Tournament in Abu Dhabi
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 PHL Embassy in Madrid Commemorates The 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 PHL Embassy Celebrates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence with the Filipino Community in Madrid
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Attends the Graduation Ceremonies of The Philippine School in Greece
23 March 2015 – The Philippine Embassy’s Agricultural Counselor Victoriano B. Leviste and Minister Ivan Frank M. Olea met corporate executives from state-owned enterprise Goodfarmer, an agricultural trading company, in Beijing on March 13, to discuss ways to further increase the entry of Philippine fresh fruits into Northern, Central, and Western China.
At the meeting, Goodfarmer President Liu Zijie, General Manager Owen Zhang, Executive Director of Philippines Goodfarmer Banana Trading Corp. Bob Li, and General Director Liu Ziqui briefed Embassy officials on the company’s domestic and overseas operations, its products, and trade targets. They also informed the Embassy that it opened an office in Davao City last January, with 32 full-time Filipino staff complement and with plans to hire more within the next few months.
Embassy officials were given a tour of their banana ripening facilities and distribution center at the Beijing XinFaDi Agri-Product Wholesale Market, located in the southwest area of Beijing.
Goodfarmer Agricultural International Trade Co., Ltd (or Goodfarmer) was established in 2002, and has since expanded operations in the global supply-chain business of agricultural products. The export business of Goodfarmer includes manufacturing, processing, transportation, sales and marketing of agricultural products. In 2011, the company expanded its business to include the importation of agricultural products from abroad, which led to the establishment of distribution centers in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou.
The company also has six banana ripening facilities in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenyang, and is currently constructing two bigger ripening facilities in Shanghai and Beijing. END