Tuesday, 09 February 2016
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Rocket Launch
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on the Reported Showing of a Pirated Movie in a Satellite Consular Office
- Saturday, 06 February 2016 German STIHL Group opens New Zama production plant in the Philippines
- Friday, 05 February 2016 High Court of Kota Kinabalu Delivers Prima Facie Case Ruling on 27 Filipinos Accused in 2013 Lahad Datu Incident
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 09 February 2016
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 PHL Embassy in Riyadh extends 15,637 Consular Services in January 2016
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Community Organizations shine light on humanitarian efforts to help Typhoon Nona vctims in first-ever Fund-Raising Fair
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Business opportunities and franchising for Balikbayans highlighted in New York seminar
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 PHL Consulate General in Hong Kong welcomes Dinagyang Group from Iloilo to perform in Chinese New Year Parade
23 March 2015 – The Philippine Embassy’s Agricultural Counselor Victoriano B. Leviste and Minister Ivan Frank M. Olea met corporate executives from state-owned enterprise Goodfarmer, an agricultural trading company, in Beijing on March 13, to discuss ways to further increase the entry of Philippine fresh fruits into Northern, Central, and Western China.
At the meeting, Goodfarmer President Liu Zijie, General Manager Owen Zhang, Executive Director of Philippines Goodfarmer Banana Trading Corp. Bob Li, and General Director Liu Ziqui briefed Embassy officials on the company’s domestic and overseas operations, its products, and trade targets. They also informed the Embassy that it opened an office in Davao City last January, with 32 full-time Filipino staff complement and with plans to hire more within the next few months.
Embassy officials were given a tour of their banana ripening facilities and distribution center at the Beijing XinFaDi Agri-Product Wholesale Market, located in the southwest area of Beijing.
Goodfarmer Agricultural International Trade Co., Ltd (or Goodfarmer) was established in 2002, and has since expanded operations in the global supply-chain business of agricultural products. The export business of Goodfarmer includes manufacturing, processing, transportation, sales and marketing of agricultural products. In 2011, the company expanded its business to include the importation of agricultural products from abroad, which led to the establishment of distribution centers in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou.
The company also has six banana ripening facilities in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenyang, and is currently constructing two bigger ripening facilities in Shanghai and Beijing. END