Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 27 May 2016
- Friday, 27 May 2016 Emir of Riyadh Graces PHL Embassy Celebration of the 118th Anniversary of the Declaration of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Oman Joins ASEAN Committee in Muscat Tour of Sohar
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Madrid Promotes Philippine Investment Opportunities to Valencian Companies
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Amman Holds Third Filipino Film Days 2016 in Celebration of the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
23 March 2015 – The Philippine Embassy’s Agricultural Counselor Victoriano B. Leviste and Minister Ivan Frank M. Olea met corporate executives from state-owned enterprise Goodfarmer, an agricultural trading company, in Beijing on March 13, to discuss ways to further increase the entry of Philippine fresh fruits into Northern, Central, and Western China.
At the meeting, Goodfarmer President Liu Zijie, General Manager Owen Zhang, Executive Director of Philippines Goodfarmer Banana Trading Corp. Bob Li, and General Director Liu Ziqui briefed Embassy officials on the company’s domestic and overseas operations, its products, and trade targets. They also informed the Embassy that it opened an office in Davao City last January, with 32 full-time Filipino staff complement and with plans to hire more within the next few months.
Embassy officials were given a tour of their banana ripening facilities and distribution center at the Beijing XinFaDi Agri-Product Wholesale Market, located in the southwest area of Beijing.
Goodfarmer Agricultural International Trade Co., Ltd (or Goodfarmer) was established in 2002, and has since expanded operations in the global supply-chain business of agricultural products. The export business of Goodfarmer includes manufacturing, processing, transportation, sales and marketing of agricultural products. In 2011, the company expanded its business to include the importation of agricultural products from abroad, which led to the establishment of distribution centers in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou.
The company also has six banana ripening facilities in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenyang, and is currently constructing two bigger ripening facilities in Shanghai and Beijing. END