Sunday, 01 May 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 04 May 2016
- Wednesday, 04 May 2016 Filipinos in Israel Celebrate Labor Day and Flores De Mayo 2016
- Wednesday, 04 May 2016 PHL Embassy In Dili Conducts Gender And Development Seminar
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 Filipino Community in Qatar Receives ‘Best Community Award’
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Breaches 10,000 Voter Benchmark, Commemorates Women’s Suffrage Day
23 March 2015 – The Philippine Embassy’s Agricultural Counselor Victoriano B. Leviste and Minister Ivan Frank M. Olea met corporate executives from state-owned enterprise Goodfarmer, an agricultural trading company, in Beijing on March 13, to discuss ways to further increase the entry of Philippine fresh fruits into Northern, Central, and Western China.
At the meeting, Goodfarmer President Liu Zijie, General Manager Owen Zhang, Executive Director of Philippines Goodfarmer Banana Trading Corp. Bob Li, and General Director Liu Ziqui briefed Embassy officials on the company’s domestic and overseas operations, its products, and trade targets. They also informed the Embassy that it opened an office in Davao City last January, with 32 full-time Filipino staff complement and with plans to hire more within the next few months.
Embassy officials were given a tour of their banana ripening facilities and distribution center at the Beijing XinFaDi Agri-Product Wholesale Market, located in the southwest area of Beijing.
Goodfarmer Agricultural International Trade Co., Ltd (or Goodfarmer) was established in 2002, and has since expanded operations in the global supply-chain business of agricultural products. The export business of Goodfarmer includes manufacturing, processing, transportation, sales and marketing of agricultural products. In 2011, the company expanded its business to include the importation of agricultural products from abroad, which led to the establishment of distribution centers in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou.
The company also has six banana ripening facilities in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenyang, and is currently constructing two bigger ripening facilities in Shanghai and Beijing. END