Monday, 30 May 2016
- Friday, 13 May 2016 APEC Senior Officials to Meet in Arequipa, Peru for 2nd APEC Senior
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 31 May 2016
- Tuesday, 31 May 2016 Filcom Flock to Philhealth Desk at Philippine Consulate General in Hong Kong
- Tuesday, 31 May 2016 Magtanong Kay Doc Tackles Breast and Ovarian Cancer
- Tuesday, 31 May 2016 PHL Embassy in KL Kicks-Off PH Independence Day Celebrations Overseas
- Tuesday, 31 May 2016 Academic and Agricultural Exchange to Broaden Ties between PHL Consulate General and Maine Business Organizations
26 March 2015 - The Malaysian International Youth Centre (IYC) unveiled mural paintings done by Filipino artist and entrepreneur Anna Karina Jardin. The mural paintings now adorn the façade of the IYC building.
Present at the unveiling ceremonies held on March 23 were IYC Director Azura Binti Abidin and Philippine Ambassador to Malaysia J. Eduardo Malaya.
The mural paintings consist of two panels. The first features Filipino and Malaysian children at play, with Filipino and Bahasa Malaysia words expressing commonly held values artistically written around the art work notably as “pag-asa/harapan,” “kaya/boleh,” “mahal kita/aku cinta kama” and “salamat/terimah kasih.”
The other panel depicts a scenic landscape with the exhortation “Be the light who enlightens the world” written at the bottom part.
Ambassador Malaya commended the IYC for its significant contributions to the promotion of intercultural understanding and friendship between the youths of Malaysia, the Philippines and other countries.
The Ambasador also congratulated Ms. Jardin for sharing her artistry with Malaysian youth, “You make Filipinos in Malaysia proud through your artworks,” he said.
The mural painting project was sponsored by the Rotary Club of Sri Petaling, Rotary Club of Alabanag Daang Hari and Artistikong Kataan Philippines, Inc. which was founded and is headed by Ms. Jardin. It is a non-profit, non-governmental organization which promotes creativity, connections, charity and cross cultural communications.
Established in 1985, the IYC is a center for young people and the academe to hone and craft researches, talents and ideas of the Malaysian youth. It is a partner agency of the Malaysian Ministry of Youth and Sports. END