Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 27 May 2016
- Friday, 27 May 2016 Emir of Riyadh Graces PHL Embassy Celebration of the 118th Anniversary of the Declaration of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Oman Joins ASEAN Committee in Muscat Tour of Sohar
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Madrid Promotes Philippine Investment Opportunities to Valencian Companies
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Amman Holds Third Filipino Film Days 2016 in Celebration of the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
20 April 2015 – Philippine Ambassador and Permanent Delegate Ma. Theresa P. Lazaro delivered a statement on behalf of the Group of 77 and China at the Plenary of the 196th session of the UNESCO Executive Board (EB) on April 14 at UNESCO Headquarters, in her capacity as Chair of the Paris Chapter of the G77 and China.
In her statement, Ambassador Lazaro conveyed the G77 and China’s support for UNESCO’s important work across all its sectors. “More than ever, the demands on UNESCO are increasing as we witness the rise of violent extremism and conflicts, widening inequalities, and global challenges such as natural disasters and climate change,” she stated.
The statement encouraged Member States to adopt a constructive and forward-looking approach to strengthen the institution and improve UNESCO’s efficiency in light of the budgetary challenges faced by the organization. END