Wednesday, 25 November 2015
- Friday, 20 November 2015 Spouses of Foreign Affairs and Trade & Industry Secretaries Jointly Host APEC Ministerial Meeting – Spouses Program
- Friday, 20 November 2015 Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert F. Del Rosario Confers Order of Sikatuna on outgoing Iranian Ambassador
- Friday, 20 November 2015 OECD: Philippines has the Most Favorable Growth Outlook among Asean-5 in 2016
- Thursday, 19 November 2015 President Benigno S. Aquino III Meets with Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on APEC Summit Sidelines at the PICC
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 26 November 2015
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 PHL Ambassador to Thailand models for The Philippines at Abhorn 3: “The Magical Spell of Asean Textiles”
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 Philippine-Qatar Trade Initiative explores Business Opportunities in Qatar
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 PHL Consulate General in Hong Kong trained on assisting victims of sexual violence
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 PHL Embassy in Rome conducts an Outreach Mission in Pisa, Italy
20 April 2015 – Philippine Ambassador and Permanent Delegate Ma. Theresa P. Lazaro delivered a statement on behalf of the Group of 77 and China at the Plenary of the 196th session of the UNESCO Executive Board (EB) on April 14 at UNESCO Headquarters, in her capacity as Chair of the Paris Chapter of the G77 and China.
In her statement, Ambassador Lazaro conveyed the G77 and China’s support for UNESCO’s important work across all its sectors. “More than ever, the demands on UNESCO are increasing as we witness the rise of violent extremism and conflicts, widening inequalities, and global challenges such as natural disasters and climate change,” she stated.
The statement encouraged Member States to adopt a constructive and forward-looking approach to strengthen the institution and improve UNESCO’s efficiency in light of the budgetary challenges faced by the organization. END