Sunday, 01 May 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 03 May 2016
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Breaches 10,000 Voter Benchmark, Commemorates Women’s Suffrage Day
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy Calls on Yangon Region Chief and Yangon Mayor, Discusses Strengthening of Relations
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Tokyo Celebrates Labor Day
- Monday, 02 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Prague Hosts Asian Ambassadors’ Lunch Meeting with Czech Human Rights Minister Jiří Dienstbier Jr.
30 April 2015 - The ASEAN Committee in Madrid (ACM), in cooperation with Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA), successfully conducted a business at the BBVA Auditorium on April 24.
More than 100 Spanish businessmen, investors and government officials participated in the forum dubbed “Oportunidades de negocio en la región ASEAN” (Business opportunities in ASEAN).
Exporters´ Club President Balbino Prieto gave the opening remarks, while ACM Chairman and Philippine Ambassador to Spain Carlos C. Salinas made the initial presentation among the five ASEAN diplomatic missions by discussing ASEAN and the ASEAN Economic Community, the Philippines’ strategic geographic location, demographic strength, good governance policies, importance of the Mindanao peace process, upgrading of the country’s investment grade status, significant and remarkable GDP growth, substantial foreign reserves, manageable inflation rate, increase in global competitiveness, inclusive and sustainable growth objectives, infrastructure requirements, tourism strategies, and investment priority areas.
Indonesian Ambassador Yuli Mumpuni Widarso, Malaysian Ambassador Kennedy Jawan, Thai Ambassador Busaya Mathelin and Vietnamese Ambassador Nguyen Ngoc Binh) also presented the business prospects and investment opportunities in their respective countries. BBVA officials likewise informed forum participants on the global trade and project financing services of the bank. Shortly after the presentations, an open forum was held after which Secretary of State for Commerce Jaime Legaz gave the closing remarks by encouraging Spanish companies to explore the business opportunities in ASEAN as well as expressing the Spanish Government´s continued support for potential investors. END