Tuesday, 09 February 2016
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Rocket Launch
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on the Reported Showing of a Pirated Movie in a Satellite Consular Office
- Saturday, 06 February 2016 German STIHL Group opens New Zama production plant in the Philippines
- Friday, 05 February 2016 High Court of Kota Kinabalu Delivers Prima Facie Case Ruling on 27 Filipinos Accused in 2013 Lahad Datu Incident
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 09 February 2016
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 PHL Embassy in Riyadh extends 15,637 Consular Services in January 2016
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Community Organizations shine light on humanitarian efforts to help Typhoon Nona vctims in first-ever Fund-Raising Fair
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Business opportunities and franchising for Balikbayans highlighted in New York seminar
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 PHL Consulate General in Hong Kong welcomes Dinagyang Group from Iloilo to perform in Chinese New Year Parade
30 April 2015 - The ASEAN Committee in Madrid (ACM), in cooperation with Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA), successfully conducted a business at the BBVA Auditorium on April 24.
More than 100 Spanish businessmen, investors and government officials participated in the forum dubbed “Oportunidades de negocio en la región ASEAN” (Business opportunities in ASEAN).
Exporters´ Club President Balbino Prieto gave the opening remarks, while ACM Chairman and Philippine Ambassador to Spain Carlos C. Salinas made the initial presentation among the five ASEAN diplomatic missions by discussing ASEAN and the ASEAN Economic Community, the Philippines’ strategic geographic location, demographic strength, good governance policies, importance of the Mindanao peace process, upgrading of the country’s investment grade status, significant and remarkable GDP growth, substantial foreign reserves, manageable inflation rate, increase in global competitiveness, inclusive and sustainable growth objectives, infrastructure requirements, tourism strategies, and investment priority areas.
Indonesian Ambassador Yuli Mumpuni Widarso, Malaysian Ambassador Kennedy Jawan, Thai Ambassador Busaya Mathelin and Vietnamese Ambassador Nguyen Ngoc Binh) also presented the business prospects and investment opportunities in their respective countries. BBVA officials likewise informed forum participants on the global trade and project financing services of the bank. Shortly after the presentations, an open forum was held after which Secretary of State for Commerce Jaime Legaz gave the closing remarks by encouraging Spanish companies to explore the business opportunities in ASEAN as well as expressing the Spanish Government´s continued support for potential investors. END