Thursday, 30 June 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Terrorist Attack on Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 Statement on the Brexit Polls
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 01 July 2016
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Filipino Spirit of Camaraderie Shines Through in the Opening of the 15th Season of the Philippine Basketball Association of Shanghai
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Korean Train Manufacturer Urged to Put Up Operations in PH
- Friday, 01 July 2016 PHL Consulate General in Luxembourg Celebrates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Ambassador Ochoa Makes Farewell Calls On Greek Officials
30 April 2015 - Ambassador Lourdes O. Yparraguirre, Permanent Representative of the Philippines to the United Nations (UN), called on UN 69th General Assembly President Sam Kutesa on April 28 to exchange views on Philippine interests and priorities in the UN, as well as on a broad range of pressing international issues.
The two discussed issues of mutual interest including climate change, the post-2015 development agenda, financing for development, as well as revitalization of the General Assembly and the Security Council.
They also talked about the prospects of having a female UN Secretary-General, one that the Philippines has strongly supported and called for in various UN fora.
Mr. Kutesa also expressed hope that the Philippines will participate at the Finance Ministers level in the upcoming Third International Conference on Financing for Development to be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on July 13 to 16.
Mr. Kutesa was elected President of the United Nations General Assembly on June 11, 2014. He previously served as Uganda’s Minister for Foreign Affairs since 2005. His other priority areas for the session include advancing gender equality and empowerment of women, strengthening cooperation between the UN and regional organizations, peaceful settlement of disputes and peacebuilding, and enhancing the role of the UN Alliance of Civilizations. END