Friday, 29 April 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Tuesday, 26 April 2016 On Government Efforts to Rescue Kidnap Victims
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 29 April 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 PHL Consulate General in Honolulu Conducts Mobile Field Voting in Maui and Hilo, Hawaii
- Friday, 29 April 2016 New PHL Ambassador Presents Credentials to Australian Governor General
- Friday, 29 April 2016 PHL Consulate General Vancouver’s Announcement for Overseas Voters
- Friday, 29 April 2016 PHL Embassy and POLO Activate Joint Assistance Desk in Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia
4 May 2015 - The Philippine Embassy in Berne welcomed Messrs. Urs Lustenberger and Alexander Ospelt as Philippine Honorary Consuls in Zurich and Liechtenstein, respectively on April 28.
Ambassador Leslie J. Baja administered the oath of office to both Honorary Consular Officers, and expressed confidence that Messrs. Lustenberger and Ospelt shall look after the interests of Filipinos and promote economic relations in their respective areas of jurisdiction.
The oath taking ceremony was immediately followed by a daylong briefing at the Embassy for the Philippine Honorary Consular Officers in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
The briefing presented a unique opportunity for active interaction between the officers and staff of the Embassy, and Consul, a.h. Lustenberger and Consul, a.h. Ospelt and their respective support staff, on their roles and the expectations from them.
Ambassador Baja in his remarks during the briefing informed all Honorary Consular Officers that they are part of “Team Philippines” in Switzerland and Liechtenstein, highlighting the need to ensure compliance with the “One Country Team Approach.” He called on them to work with the Embassy in a consultative, cooperative and coordinated manner in the pursuit of national development goals, within the context of the three (3) pillars of Philippine foreign policy.
During the planning session, the Honorary Consuls and their support staff were briefed on, among others, their respective functions and responsibilities as an Honorary Consular Officer.
The daylong session allowed Embassy officers to discuss specific topics with the Honorary Consular Officers concerning the Filipino community and other matters in connection with their function. END