Thursday, 11 February 2016
- Wednesday, 10 February 2016 The Philippines hosts the Second International Meeting of the Global Action Against Mass Atrocity Crimes in Manila
- Wednesday, 10 February 2016 DFA Secretary Del Rosario Exits After a 5-Year Principled Stewardship
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Philippines and Iran successfully conclude the Sixth Joint Consular Consultation Meeting
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Rocket Launch
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 11 February 2016
- Thursday, 11 February 2016 PHL Embassy Celebrates Friendship with Myanmar, Donates Books to the Daw Khin Kyi Foundation
- Thursday, 11 February 2016 PHL Embassy Joins New Zealand's Waitangi Day Commemorations 2016 at the Bay of Islands
- Thursday, 11 February 2016 PH Government Procurement Policy Makers Exchange Best Practices with US Counterparts
- Thursday, 11 February 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Celebrates Qatar National Sports Day 2016 with Filipino Community
4 May 2015 - The Philippine Embassy in Berne welcomed Messrs. Urs Lustenberger and Alexander Ospelt as Philippine Honorary Consuls in Zurich and Liechtenstein, respectively on April 28.
Ambassador Leslie J. Baja administered the oath of office to both Honorary Consular Officers, and expressed confidence that Messrs. Lustenberger and Ospelt shall look after the interests of Filipinos and promote economic relations in their respective areas of jurisdiction.
The oath taking ceremony was immediately followed by a daylong briefing at the Embassy for the Philippine Honorary Consular Officers in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
The briefing presented a unique opportunity for active interaction between the officers and staff of the Embassy, and Consul, a.h. Lustenberger and Consul, a.h. Ospelt and their respective support staff, on their roles and the expectations from them.
Ambassador Baja in his remarks during the briefing informed all Honorary Consular Officers that they are part of “Team Philippines” in Switzerland and Liechtenstein, highlighting the need to ensure compliance with the “One Country Team Approach.” He called on them to work with the Embassy in a consultative, cooperative and coordinated manner in the pursuit of national development goals, within the context of the three (3) pillars of Philippine foreign policy.
During the planning session, the Honorary Consuls and their support staff were briefed on, among others, their respective functions and responsibilities as an Honorary Consular Officer.
The daylong session allowed Embassy officers to discuss specific topics with the Honorary Consular Officers concerning the Filipino community and other matters in connection with their function. END