Tuesday, 28 June 2016
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
- Friday, 24 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office Lucena Joins #Pagyanig2016 The Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 29 June 2016
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 FABEX Chicago’s “Progress and Success Speaker Series” Featured at the Filcom Meet-Up
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 PHL Embassy in Lebanon Commemorates the 155th Birth Anniversary of Dr. Jose Rizal
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 PHL Embassy Attends the Opening Ceremony of the Annual Sports Event for OFWs in Lebanon
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on the Director General of Lebanon’s General Security
12 May 2015 - The Philippines participated at the 3rd Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Transport Ministers Meeting held in Riga, Latvia from April 28 to 30.
Represented by Deputy Chief of Mission and Consul General Robespierre Bolivar of the Philippine Embassy in Brussels, the Philippines expressed support for “convenient, secure, and efficient transport links between Asia and Europe.” In his statement, Consul General Bolivar emphasized that since Southeast Asia has archipelagos like the Philippines, it is essential to have more integration among sea, air and land routes to facilitate connectivity.
Delegations also called for more robust direct air links between Europe and Asia.
At the end of the Ministerial Meeting, delegations jointly issued the Riga Declaration which, among others, calls for strengthening ASEM cooperation on transport matters, supporting environmentally friendly transport solutions, efficient, economically viable and safe transportation, and providing seamless connectivity between Asia and Europe.
In recognition of the Philippines’ considerable efforts to ensure safer air travel, Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific were authorized to mount flights to the European Union in 2013 and 2014, respectively. Philippine Airlines has been flying direct to London Heathrow since the end of 2013. END