Monday, 30 May 2016
- Friday, 13 May 2016 APEC Senior Officials to Meet in Arequipa, Peru for 2nd APEC Senior
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Monday, 30 May 2016
- Monday, 30 May 2016 “Masaya Choir” Calls on French Foreign Minister at the Quai D’orsay
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Abu Dhabi Attends Special Screening of Indie Film “Partition”
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Norway Participates in Sprak Og Kultur Festivalen
- Monday, 30 May 2016 NDCP Promotes People-to-People Exchanges, Visits Myanmar
12 May 2015 - The Philippines participated at the 3rd Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Transport Ministers Meeting held in Riga, Latvia from April 28 to 30.
Represented by Deputy Chief of Mission and Consul General Robespierre Bolivar of the Philippine Embassy in Brussels, the Philippines expressed support for “convenient, secure, and efficient transport links between Asia and Europe.” In his statement, Consul General Bolivar emphasized that since Southeast Asia has archipelagos like the Philippines, it is essential to have more integration among sea, air and land routes to facilitate connectivity.
Delegations also called for more robust direct air links between Europe and Asia.
At the end of the Ministerial Meeting, delegations jointly issued the Riga Declaration which, among others, calls for strengthening ASEM cooperation on transport matters, supporting environmentally friendly transport solutions, efficient, economically viable and safe transportation, and providing seamless connectivity between Asia and Europe.
In recognition of the Philippines’ considerable efforts to ensure safer air travel, Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific were authorized to mount flights to the European Union in 2013 and 2014, respectively. Philippine Airlines has been flying direct to London Heathrow since the end of 2013. END