Thursday, 05 May 2016
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Philippines and Cambodia to Enhance Cooperation on Migration and Labor
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Statement on the Demise of the Hon. Domingo L. Siazon, Jr. (UPDATED)
- Sunday, 01 May 2016 Statement On the Release of the 10 Indonesian Hostages
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 06 May 2016
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to New Zealand Presents Credentials to the Governor-General of New Zealand
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PH Children’s Books Featured in Korea Foundation Exhibit in Seoul
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PHL Consulate General in San Francisco Holds Consular Outreach in Anchorage and Juneau, Alaska
- Friday, 06 May 2016 PHL Honorary Consul in Albania Takes Oath of Office
6 September 2013 - The Philippine Embassy in Singapore organized the first Inter-ASEAN Bowling Tournament on August 31, in commemoration of the 46th Founding Anniversary of ASEAN.
Nineteen (19) teams competed from the nine ASEAN member country missions in Singapore, as well as Singapore’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), with some of the embassies fielding players from their community.
The Heads of Missions of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar and Malaysia, together with the Deputy Chief of Mission of Vietnam, the Defense and Naval Attaché of Thailand, and a representative from the ASEAN Directorate of Singapore’s MFA, joined Ambassador Minda Calaguian-Cruz in the ceremonial roll-off to start the tournament.
A team from the Singapore MFA emerged as the team champions, followed by teams from Indonesia and the Philippines as 1st and 2nd runners-up, respectively.
Mr Max Soh from Singapore was the top individual scorer, followed by Mr Reynaldo Ferrera, Protocol Officer of the Philippine Embassy, and Mr Sebastian Ong, also from Singapore.
“As we move towards becoming a single community in 2015, it is important that we organize events like this to further deepen our links within ASEAN,” Ambassador Cruz said in her welcome remarks. “We hope that this event will get the ball rolling, literally and figuratively, for more such activities among the different ASEAN embassies and communities here in Singapore.” END