Sunday, 01 May 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 04 May 2016
- Wednesday, 04 May 2016 Filipinos in Israel Celebrate Labor Day and Flores De Mayo 2016
- Wednesday, 04 May 2016 PHL Embassy In Dili Conducts Gender And Development Seminar
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 Filipino Community in Qatar Receives ‘Best Community Award’
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Breaches 10,000 Voter Benchmark, Commemorates Women’s Suffrage Day
17 March 2014 – Philippine Ambassador Leah M. Basinang-Ruiz, assisted by Cultural Officer Gladys Perey and Information Officer Edwin Batallones, attended the second anniversary celebration of the OFW Initiative for Progress and Self-Reliance Group, Inc (IPRSG) last February 16, with the theme: “Hawak Kamay Tungo sa Tagumpay.” According to Ms. Rosemarie Valdez, the group’s administrator, the IPSRG is an association of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Lebanon which has chapters in other countries as well as in the Philippines (main office) and is a Securities and Exchange Commission-registered organization.
Ambassador Ruiz administered the oath of office of the new set of officers of the IPSRG, after which she exhorted them to stand united and committed to pursue their goals for the benefit of their members. She also underscored the principles of accountability and transparency that must be held paramount by the officers as they perform their functions.
In compliance with the request of the Embassy, the IPRSG submitted copies of their constitution and by-laws as well as the list of their officers and members and contact details. END