Wednesday, 24 August 2016
- Wednesday, 24 August 2016 Photo Exhibit Marks DFA’s 2016 Celebrations of International Humanitarian Law Day
- Wednesday, 24 August 2016 DFA, United Nations Country Team Prepare for 2016 UN Day Celebration
- Tuesday, 23 August 2016 DFA Highlights Primacy of ‘Rule of Law’ in Briefing for the Diplomatic Corps
- Saturday, 20 August 2016 DFA Assistance to Nationals Team Facilitates Assistance to OFWs in Distress in Al Khobar and Dammam, Saudi Arabia
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 25 August 2016
- Thursday, 25 August 2016 PHL Consulate General in New York and Fil-Am Organizations Partner to Bring Consular Services to Maine
- Thursday, 25 August 2016 PHL Consul General Visited United States 14th District Coast Guard
- Thursday, 25 August 2016 PHL Embassy in Buenos Aires Promotes PH as Key Travel Destination
- Thursday, 25 August 2016 Kapihan sa Pasuguan Bilang Paggunita sa Buwan ng Wika
17 March 2014 – Philippine Ambassador Leah M. Basinang-Ruiz, assisted by Cultural Officer Gladys Perey and Information Officer Edwin Batallones, attended the second anniversary celebration of the OFW Initiative for Progress and Self-Reliance Group, Inc (IPRSG) last February 16, with the theme: “Hawak Kamay Tungo sa Tagumpay.” According to Ms. Rosemarie Valdez, the group’s administrator, the IPSRG is an association of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Lebanon which has chapters in other countries as well as in the Philippines (main office) and is a Securities and Exchange Commission-registered organization.
Ambassador Ruiz administered the oath of office of the new set of officers of the IPSRG, after which she exhorted them to stand united and committed to pursue their goals for the benefit of their members. She also underscored the principles of accountability and transparency that must be held paramount by the officers as they perform their functions.
In compliance with the request of the Embassy, the IPRSG submitted copies of their constitution and by-laws as well as the list of their officers and members and contact details. END