Monday, 30 May 2016
- Friday, 13 May 2016 APEC Senior Officials to Meet in Arequipa, Peru for 2nd APEC Senior
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Monday, 30 May 2016
- Monday, 30 May 2016 “Masaya Choir” Calls on French Foreign Minister at the Quai D’orsay
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Abu Dhabi Attends Special Screening of Indie Film “Partition”
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Norway Participates in Sprak Og Kultur Festivalen
- Monday, 30 May 2016 NDCP Promotes People-to-People Exchanges, Visits Myanmar
24 June 2014 – The Filipino European Migrants International Chess Academy (FEMICA), with the support of Philippine Ambassador to Italy Virgilio A. Reyes, Jr., conducted a chess clinic/seminar for Filipino children last June 15 at the Philippine Embassy in Rome.
FEMICA President and International Chess Master Virgilio Vuelban conducted the seminar which highlighted the academic and social benefits of chess to children as proven by many scientific studies and research.
The children were taught the basic opening principles of chess, the importance of controlling the center, and the development of pieces.
The Embassy encourages all the youth and second-generation Filipinos, as well as their parents, to continue devoting time to educational activities that promote analytical thinking in children.
FEMICA, in cooperation with the Philippine Embassy and the National Chess Federation of the Philippines, is promoting the game of chess as a tool for children education for them discover their individual talent with the hope of someday producing the next Chess International/Grand Master from the Filipino community in Italy. END