Sunday, 01 May 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 03 May 2016
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Breaches 10,000 Voter Benchmark, Commemorates Women’s Suffrage Day
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy Calls on Yangon Region Chief and Yangon Mayor, Discusses Strengthening of Relations
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Tokyo Celebrates Labor Day
- Monday, 02 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Prague Hosts Asian Ambassadors’ Lunch Meeting with Czech Human Rights Minister Jiří Dienstbier Jr.
24 June 2014 – The Filipino European Migrants International Chess Academy (FEMICA), with the support of Philippine Ambassador to Italy Virgilio A. Reyes, Jr., conducted a chess clinic/seminar for Filipino children last June 15 at the Philippine Embassy in Rome.
FEMICA President and International Chess Master Virgilio Vuelban conducted the seminar which highlighted the academic and social benefits of chess to children as proven by many scientific studies and research.
The children were taught the basic opening principles of chess, the importance of controlling the center, and the development of pieces.
The Embassy encourages all the youth and second-generation Filipinos, as well as their parents, to continue devoting time to educational activities that promote analytical thinking in children.
FEMICA, in cooperation with the Philippine Embassy and the National Chess Federation of the Philippines, is promoting the game of chess as a tool for children education for them discover their individual talent with the hope of someday producing the next Chess International/Grand Master from the Filipino community in Italy. END