Friday, 01 July 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Announcement of the July 12 Issuance of the Ruling on the Arbitration Case
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Terrorist Attack on Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 Statement on the Brexit Polls
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 01 July 2016
- Friday, 01 July 2016 PHL Consulate General Joins Filipinos in New South Wales in Month-Long Celebration of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Filipino Spirit of Camaraderie Shines Through in the Opening of the 15th Season of the Philippine Basketball Association of Shanghai
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Korean Train Manufacturer Urged to Put Up Operations in PH
- Friday, 01 July 2016 PHL Consulate General in Luxembourg Celebrates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
24 June 2014 – The Filipino European Migrants International Chess Academy (FEMICA), with the support of Philippine Ambassador to Italy Virgilio A. Reyes, Jr., conducted a chess clinic/seminar for Filipino children last June 15 at the Philippine Embassy in Rome.
FEMICA President and International Chess Master Virgilio Vuelban conducted the seminar which highlighted the academic and social benefits of chess to children as proven by many scientific studies and research.
The children were taught the basic opening principles of chess, the importance of controlling the center, and the development of pieces.
The Embassy encourages all the youth and second-generation Filipinos, as well as their parents, to continue devoting time to educational activities that promote analytical thinking in children.
FEMICA, in cooperation with the Philippine Embassy and the National Chess Federation of the Philippines, is promoting the game of chess as a tool for children education for them discover their individual talent with the hope of someday producing the next Chess International/Grand Master from the Filipino community in Italy. END