Thursday, 30 June 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Terrorist Attack on Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 Statement on the Brexit Polls
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 01 July 2016
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Filipino Spirit of Camaraderie Shines Through in the Opening of the 15th Season of the Philippine Basketball Association of Shanghai
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Korean Train Manufacturer Urged to Put Up Operations in PH
- Friday, 01 July 2016 PHL Consulate General in Luxembourg Celebrates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Ambassador Ochoa Makes Farewell Calls On Greek Officials
02 July 2014 - Mr. Michael A. Dahilig of Lihue, Kauai, and Hawaii’s delegate to the 3rd Filipino American Youth Leadership Program (FYLPRO), paid a courtesy call on Acting Head of Post Roberto T. Bernardo at the Philippine Consulate General in Honolulu on June 26.
Mr. Dahilig, a lawyer and currently the Director for Planning for the County of Kauai, is one of the 10 exceptional young Filipino Americans throughout the United States who were selected to take part in the 2014 FYLPRO to be held in the Philippines from July 24 to 28. He was formerly a Deputy County Attorney for the Kauai County and volunteers as legal counsel at the Kauai Filipino Junior Chamber of Commerce, Kauai Philippine Cultural Center and Honolulu Filipino Junior Chamber of Commerce. He served in the University of Hawaii Board of Regents, where he graduated with a Masters of Urban and Regional Planning, a BS honors in Geology and Geophysics, a Minor in Political Science, and Juris Doctor degree.
A project of Philippine Ambassador to the US Jose L. Cuisia Jr., the FYLPRO is an immersive program which will afford the delegates the opportunity to meet and dialogue with the highest officials and policymakers in the Philippines, leaders of industry, media, cultural experts, business and social entrepreneurs, as well as innovators in different fields. One of the goals of this program is to tap young Filipino-Americans to contribute and be engaged in their respective communities and to become partners in advancing the interests of Filipino Americans. END