Friday, 24 June 2016
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Rosario G. Manalo Wins Seat in UN Treaty Body on Gender Equality and Women's Rights
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 ASEAN and Canada Agree to Strengthen Cooperation in Run Up to 40th Anniversary of ASEAN-Canada Relations in 2017
- Monday, 20 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office in Lucena Commemorates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 24 June 2016
- Friday, 24 June 2016 Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara Graces 118th Independence Day Celebrations in Saipan; Visits PHL Consulate General in Guam
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Bids Farewell to Lebanon’s MFAE Secretary General
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on Lebanon’s MFAE Director for Political and Consular Affairs
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Embassy Inaugurates Miniature Replica of Rizal Monument on Birth Anniversary of Dr. Jose Rizal
23 July 2014 – The Philippine Embassy in Damascus, Syrian Arab Republic reported to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) that 26 Filipinos from Syria, who availed of the Mandatory Repatriation Program (MRP), will arrive on July 25 at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) at 10:10 p.m. (22:10H) on board Emirates Airlines flight number EK-334 from Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
This brings the total number of Filipinos repatriated from Syria to 5,450. Of this number, 2,422 were repatriated through Lebanon, with the cooperation, assistance and support of the Philippine Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon. Their tickets were provided, free of charge, by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Damascus.
The 26 Filipinos will travel by land from Damascus to Beirut on July 24. They will be assisted by the Philippine Embassy in Beirut personnel during their transit at the Lebanese Masna’a border. The repatriates underwent departure briefing and medical check-up prior to their travel to Manila.