Sunday, 01 May 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 03 May 2016
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Breaches 10,000 Voter Benchmark, Commemorates Women’s Suffrage Day
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy Calls on Yangon Region Chief and Yangon Mayor, Discusses Strengthening of Relations
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Tokyo Celebrates Labor Day
- Monday, 02 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Prague Hosts Asian Ambassadors’ Lunch Meeting with Czech Human Rights Minister Jiří Dienstbier Jr.
15 December 2014 – The Permanent Mission of the Republic of the Philippines/Philippine Consulate General in Geneva (Geneva PM/PCG) launched last month its program on Financial Education for Filipinos in Geneva and Vaud through the conduct of a four-weekend Seminar-Workshop on financial management.
The Seminar-Workshop, which aimed to enhance the skills of participants on more effectively managing their finances, discussed practical concepts related to money matters, business setup, and risk appreciation. The Seminar-Workshop included introductory classes on marketing and advertising, financial statements and sample investments
“The Financial Education Seminar-Workshop is part of the service of the Philippine Consulate General for Filipinos within its jurisdiction. Even as we have recently opened our office on selected Sundays to ensure accessibility to Filipinos who may be working on weekends, we are lining up even more activities to further engage and tap the knowledge of the Filipino community,” said Ambassador Cecilia Rebong, Permanent Representative of the Philippines to the United Nations and Other International Organizations.
A total of 43 participants from the Cantons of Geneva and Vaud enrolled in the afternoon and evening classes, which were held every Sunday on November 9, 16, 23 and 30. Each class lasted three hours, or a total of 12 hours for four weekends. The Seminar Workshop was launched in cooperation with the Philippine Overseas Labor Office. END