Thursday, 30 June 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Terrorist Attack on Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 Statement on the Brexit Polls
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 30 June 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Alunalun Dance Circle Performs at the National Theater Yangon
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 PHL Consulate General in Xiamen Hosts Philippine Independence Day Reception Cum Piano Concert
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 PHL Embassy Organizes “Water Symphony” Cultural Performance by Alunalun Dance Circle in Vientiane
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 PHL Embassy in Singapore Observes 2016 International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
13 January 2015 - The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh proudly announces that Mr. Herbert Bagolbagol won First Prize in the Smart Phone Photography Category during the awarding ceremony for the “Colors of Saudi Arabia Forum 2014” held on 14 December 2014 at the Riyadh International Convention and Exhibition Center (RICEC) at King Abdullah Road in Riyadh.
Mr. Bagolbagol is the only Filipino who won in the competition along with other Saudi and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) expatriates who participated in the competition. His entry entitled, “Clay Tower Old Village of Rawdat Sudair”, was taken last June 2014 during one of his trips in Najd, located at the central part of Saudi Arabia. The Embassy wishes to express its heartfelt congratulations to Mr. Bagolbagol for his achievement.
The Colors of Saudi Arabia Forum is a yearly activity organized by the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA) under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Sultan bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, SCTA President. It is touted as the largest event in Saudi Arabia for photography and short films in the fields of tourism, culture and heritage.
Aside from the winning entry of Mr. Bagolbagol, there are also other photographs taken by Filipino photographers which were on exhibit at the Diplomatic Pavilion inside the Forum.
The Forum, which ran until 20 December 2014, was a hit among Filipino nationals in the Kingdom. They appreciated the beauty of Saudi Arabia as seen through the lens of Saudi, GCC and Filipino photographers and caught a glimpse of the winning photo of Mr. Bagolbagol. END