Sunday, 01 May 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 04 May 2016
- Wednesday, 04 May 2016 Filipinos in Israel Celebrate Labor Day and Flores De Mayo 2016
- Wednesday, 04 May 2016 PHL Embassy In Dili Conducts Gender And Development Seminar
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 Filipino Community in Qatar Receives ‘Best Community Award’
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Breaches 10,000 Voter Benchmark, Commemorates Women’s Suffrage Day
25 February 2015 - The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh conducted its fourth lecture on the West Philippine Sea (WPS) at Future Generation Philippine International School in Riyadh on February 23. The lecture was conducted by Vice Consul Red Genotiva.
It was the fourth in its series of lectures on the issue of the West Philippine Sea and the ongoing case filed by the Philippines against China with the international Arbitral Tribunal. In attendance were senior-year students from Future Generation Philippine International School, their teachers and Principal.
In 2012, the Embassy conducted a similar lecture series at Philippine international schools in Riyadh.
During his lecture, Mr. Genotiva highlighted the strategic and policy imperatives for the Philippines as an archipelagic State. He explained to the students the importance of understanding the Philippine Government’s position and response, particularly the recourse to arbitration as an open, friendly, peaceful and internationally-accepted dispute-settlement mechanism.
In closing, Mr. Genotiva exhorted the students to use what they learned and to read and learn more about the issue of the WPS. He also thanked the teachers and management of FutureGen for graciously hosting the lecture.
The next lecture on WPS will be held at the International Philippine School in Riyadh. END