Monday, 27 June 2016
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
- Friday, 24 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office Lucena Joins #Pagyanig2016 The Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Rosario G. Manalo Wins Seat in UN Treaty Body on Gender Equality and Women's Rights
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Monday, 27 June 2016
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Alunalun Dance Circle Performs at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library Auditorium
- Monday, 27 June 2016 PHL Consulate General in Xiamen Celebrates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence with the Filipino Community
- Monday, 27 June 2016 PHL Embassy in Abu Dhabi Celebrates 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence and Unveils Bust of Dr. Jose P. Rizal
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Pinoy Summer Sports League in Moscow Wraps Up Successfully
25 February 2015 - The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh conducted its fourth lecture on the West Philippine Sea (WPS) at Future Generation Philippine International School in Riyadh on February 23. The lecture was conducted by Vice Consul Red Genotiva.
It was the fourth in its series of lectures on the issue of the West Philippine Sea and the ongoing case filed by the Philippines against China with the international Arbitral Tribunal. In attendance were senior-year students from Future Generation Philippine International School, their teachers and Principal.
In 2012, the Embassy conducted a similar lecture series at Philippine international schools in Riyadh.
During his lecture, Mr. Genotiva highlighted the strategic and policy imperatives for the Philippines as an archipelagic State. He explained to the students the importance of understanding the Philippine Government’s position and response, particularly the recourse to arbitration as an open, friendly, peaceful and internationally-accepted dispute-settlement mechanism.
In closing, Mr. Genotiva exhorted the students to use what they learned and to read and learn more about the issue of the WPS. He also thanked the teachers and management of FutureGen for graciously hosting the lecture.
The next lecture on WPS will be held at the International Philippine School in Riyadh. END