Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 25 May 2016
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 PHL Embassy Outreach Processes 1,233 Consular Services in Al Khobar
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 PH Participates in Xiamen’s 5th Nanyang Festival’s Business Matchmaking Workshop
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 Call for Applications for the 5th Filipino-American Youth Leadership Program
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Riyadh Processes 13,867 Consular Services in April 2016
25 February 2015 - The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh conducted its fourth lecture on the West Philippine Sea (WPS) at Future Generation Philippine International School in Riyadh on February 23. The lecture was conducted by Vice Consul Red Genotiva.
It was the fourth in its series of lectures on the issue of the West Philippine Sea and the ongoing case filed by the Philippines against China with the international Arbitral Tribunal. In attendance were senior-year students from Future Generation Philippine International School, their teachers and Principal.
In 2012, the Embassy conducted a similar lecture series at Philippine international schools in Riyadh.
During his lecture, Mr. Genotiva highlighted the strategic and policy imperatives for the Philippines as an archipelagic State. He explained to the students the importance of understanding the Philippine Government’s position and response, particularly the recourse to arbitration as an open, friendly, peaceful and internationally-accepted dispute-settlement mechanism.
In closing, Mr. Genotiva exhorted the students to use what they learned and to read and learn more about the issue of the WPS. He also thanked the teachers and management of FutureGen for graciously hosting the lecture.
The next lecture on WPS will be held at the International Philippine School in Riyadh. END