Friday, 05 February 2016
- Friday, 05 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Recent Notification of a Rocket Launch
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 Philippines and Sri Lanka sign Memorandum of Understanding on Political Consultations
- Friday, 29 January 2016 Statement on the Recently Concluded Command Conference on the Contingency Plans on the Diplomatic Tension Between the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Tuesday, 26 January 2016 Statement on various terrorist incidents against innocents and civilians
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 04 February 2016
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Consulate General in Milan holds Economic Country Briefing
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Ambassador in Paris talks about PH resilience amidst China’s Slowdown
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 Prosecuting Attorney of Honolulu City and County visits the PHL Consulate
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Ambassador and Timor-Leste Minister of Education discuss ways of strengthening Cooperation in Education
25 February 2015 - The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh conducted its fourth lecture on the West Philippine Sea (WPS) at Future Generation Philippine International School in Riyadh on February 23. The lecture was conducted by Vice Consul Red Genotiva.
It was the fourth in its series of lectures on the issue of the West Philippine Sea and the ongoing case filed by the Philippines against China with the international Arbitral Tribunal. In attendance were senior-year students from Future Generation Philippine International School, their teachers and Principal.
In 2012, the Embassy conducted a similar lecture series at Philippine international schools in Riyadh.
During his lecture, Mr. Genotiva highlighted the strategic and policy imperatives for the Philippines as an archipelagic State. He explained to the students the importance of understanding the Philippine Government’s position and response, particularly the recourse to arbitration as an open, friendly, peaceful and internationally-accepted dispute-settlement mechanism.
In closing, Mr. Genotiva exhorted the students to use what they learned and to read and learn more about the issue of the WPS. He also thanked the teachers and management of FutureGen for graciously hosting the lecture.
The next lecture on WPS will be held at the International Philippine School in Riyadh. END