Friday, 24 June 2016
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Rosario G. Manalo Wins Seat in UN Treaty Body on Gender Equality and Women's Rights
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 ASEAN and Canada Agree to Strengthen Cooperation in Run Up to 40th Anniversary of ASEAN-Canada Relations in 2017
- Monday, 20 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office in Lucena Commemorates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 24 June 2016
- Friday, 24 June 2016 Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara Graces 118th Independence Day Celebrations in Saipan; Visits PHL Consulate General in Guam
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Bids Farewell to Lebanon’s MFAE Secretary General
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on Lebanon’s MFAE Director for Political and Consular Affairs
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Embassy Inaugurates Miniature Replica of Rizal Monument on Birth Anniversary of Dr. Jose Rizal
13 March 2015 - The 2015 edition of the Ambassadors, Consuls General, and Tourism Directors Tour (ACGTDT) promises to be a memorable affair, as participants will be brought to Cebu, known as the “Queen City of the South.”
Now in its tenth staging, the annual Tour will enable this year’s participants to visit historical sites and landmarks in the Philippines’ second largest city, such as Fort San Pedro, the oldest triangular fortress in the country; Magellan’s Cross; Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño, which now houses the statuette of Sto. Niño; Casa Gorordo Museum; and the Taoist Temple. The tour in Cebu also includes visits to local manufacturing industries, including the island’s world-renowned furniture, dried fruit, local handicrafts and fashion accessories. Should participants wish to explore more of the region, the ACGTDT has additional post tour packages to nearby popular tourism destinations such as Bohol, Boracay, Davao, Dumaguete, and Palawan.
Upon arrival in Manila, guests will be billeted at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza and have the option to experience different day tours, including Manila City, ABS-CBN studios and Corregidor Island, one of the most revered and hallowed sites of World War II.
The ACGTDT was initiated in 2005 under the tutelage of then Ambassador to the United States and now Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert F. del Rosario. The flagship tourism project has become an annual activity, involving all Philippine Foreign Service posts in the US, Department of Foreign Affairs, Department of Tourism and Rajah Tours Philippines. It has also become a venue for Filipinos and Americans to explore trade and investment activities in the Philippines, whose economy has grown significantly since President Benigno S. Aquino’s assumption into office.
“I invite my countrymen in the US as well as our American friends to take part in this amazing tour and witness for themselves the tremendous growth that has been achieved in the Philippines in recent years,” Philippine Ambassador to the US Jose L. Cuisia, Jr. said. “The organizers are hard at work putting together a wonderful program and I am certain they will not disappoint this year’s participants,” he added.
Interested parties may visit ACGTDT.COM for additional information and pricing. Hurry as participation is limited. Deadline for registration is on May 15. END