Wednesday, 02 December 2015
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 DFA, PIA Hold Info Drive on West Philippine Sea Issue in Zamboanga City
- Friday, 27 November 2015 PHL Senior Associate Justice Gives Legal Perspective in International Security Forum in Canada
- Wednesday, 25 November 2015 Deadline for Reactivation of Overseas Voting Records is Extended
- Friday, 20 November 2015 Spouses of Foreign Affairs and Trade & Industry Secretaries Jointly Host APEC Ministerial Meeting – Spouses Program
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 01 December 2015
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 Simbang Gabi, Pamaskong Handog Concert topbills Christmas Celebrations of PHL Embassy in Kuala Lumpur
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 PHL Embassy in Mexico joins 70TH Founding Anniversary of La Escuela Primaria Escuadron 201
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 PHL Embassy in Pretoria conducts information session on Gender and Development
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 PHL Embassy in Pretoria strengthens its Economic Diplomacy Program with visit from Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry
13 April 2015 – A 40-member all-female delegation from Sauerland celebrated women’s month at the Philippine Embassy in Berlin on March 24. As part of the Philippine Embassy’s efforts to cultivate good relations with members of the German Parliament (Bundestag) and link up with Filipino communities in Germany, Ambassador Melita S. Sta. Maria-Thomeczek welcomed the delegation to the Philippine Embassy, whose visit was facilitated by the office of Bundestag Member Dirk Wiese (Social Democratic Party). Around 20 of the delegates had Filipino roots. They shared stories of courage and solidarity in relation to the relief efforts in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan which were conducted by their respective communities in the Sauerland region.
Ambassador Thomeczek briefed the group on the current thrusts of the Philippine Embassy in promoting the welfare of overseas Filipinos. She informed the delegates of the presence of Philippine honorary consulates providing consular and other services in the different regions of Germany. The Ambassador also took the opportunity to invite the German delegates to visit the Philippines. Consuls Adrian Elmer Cruz, Gabriel Bautista, and Azela Arumpac complemented the Ambassador’s remarks with a short presentation on the initiatives of the Embassy on the political, economic, and consular fronts.
In response, Ms. Imgard Sander, coordinator for the office of MP Wiese, thanked the Ambassador for the warm welcome and expressed appreciation for the open lines of communication with the Embassy, noting the importance of such ties when doing international relief work in the wake of natural disasters like the Typhoon Haiyan.
The Sauerland is one of the largest tourist regions in North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany. This region is home to the largest concentration of Filipinos in Germany, estimated at around 3,838. A Philippine Honorary Consulate located in Essen and headed by Honorary Consul Heinz-Peter Heidrich has jurisdiction over this region. END