Wednesday, 24 August 2016
- Wednesday, 24 August 2016 Photo Exhibit Marks DFA’s 2016 Celebrations of International Humanitarian Law Day
- Wednesday, 24 August 2016 DFA, United Nations Country Team Prepare for 2016 UN Day Celebration
- Tuesday, 23 August 2016 DFA Highlights Primacy of ‘Rule of Law’ in Briefing for the Diplomatic Corps
- Saturday, 20 August 2016 DFA Assistance to Nationals Team Facilitates Assistance to OFWs in Distress in Al Khobar and Dammam, Saudi Arabia
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 26 August 2016
- Friday, 26 August 2016 PHL Ambassador Highlights Trade & Investment Opportunities at Russian Business Forum
- Friday, 26 August 2016 Tinikling Hits Top Tourist Street in Moscow
- Friday, 26 August 2016 PHL Embassy in Oslo Conducts Consular Outreach in Copenhagen
- Friday, 26 August 2016 PHL Embassy in Pretoria Conducts Briefing on Doing Business in the Philippines
13 April 2015 – A 40-member all-female delegation from Sauerland celebrated women’s month at the Philippine Embassy in Berlin on March 24. As part of the Philippine Embassy’s efforts to cultivate good relations with members of the German Parliament (Bundestag) and link up with Filipino communities in Germany, Ambassador Melita S. Sta. Maria-Thomeczek welcomed the delegation to the Philippine Embassy, whose visit was facilitated by the office of Bundestag Member Dirk Wiese (Social Democratic Party). Around 20 of the delegates had Filipino roots. They shared stories of courage and solidarity in relation to the relief efforts in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan which were conducted by their respective communities in the Sauerland region.
Ambassador Thomeczek briefed the group on the current thrusts of the Philippine Embassy in promoting the welfare of overseas Filipinos. She informed the delegates of the presence of Philippine honorary consulates providing consular and other services in the different regions of Germany. The Ambassador also took the opportunity to invite the German delegates to visit the Philippines. Consuls Adrian Elmer Cruz, Gabriel Bautista, and Azela Arumpac complemented the Ambassador’s remarks with a short presentation on the initiatives of the Embassy on the political, economic, and consular fronts.
In response, Ms. Imgard Sander, coordinator for the office of MP Wiese, thanked the Ambassador for the warm welcome and expressed appreciation for the open lines of communication with the Embassy, noting the importance of such ties when doing international relief work in the wake of natural disasters like the Typhoon Haiyan.
The Sauerland is one of the largest tourist regions in North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany. This region is home to the largest concentration of Filipinos in Germany, estimated at around 3,838. A Philippine Honorary Consulate located in Essen and headed by Honorary Consul Heinz-Peter Heidrich has jurisdiction over this region. END