Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 24 May 2016
- Tuesday, 24 May 2016 Late Secretary Domingo L. Siazon, Jr. Honored by International Organizations and Filipino Community in Vienna
- Tuesday, 24 May 2016 Hundreds of Filipino Migrants Gather to Honor the Infant Jesus of Prague in Prayer, Piety, and Unity
- Tuesday, 24 May 2016 PHL Embassy Takes Part in 2016 Seoul Friendship Fair
- Tuesday, 24 May 2016 Honolulu Museum of Art Hosts Private Tour for PHL Consulate General, Filipino Community Leaders
14 April 2015 – Philippine Consul General Marciano R. de Borja inducted the new set of officers and Board of Directors of the Bataan Association of Guam for the year 2015-2016 during the association’s soft induction ceremony held on April 04 at the Sampaguita Pavillion, Ypao Beach Park, Guam.
The induction was organized by the Bataan Association of Guam in part to celebrate in advance the 73rd anniversary of Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor), which is commemorated every April 09.
In his remarks, Consul General de Borja shared his knowledge and views of the history of the Fall of Bataan in 09 April 1942 and the important contribution of Bataan in the Philippines’ struggle for independence. He also stressed the importance of remembering our history when he said, “We [Filipinos] need to remember or be reminded of our own history in order to avoid committing the same mistakes we did in the past.”
Consul General de Borja expressed his warm congratulations to the new officers and thanked them for their support in the programs and projects of the Philippine Consulate General in Guam. He also encouraged the Bataan Association of Guam to continue its partnership with the Philippine Consulate General.
Also present during the event was Senator James Espaldon of the 33rd Guam Legislature. END