Tuesday, 26 July 2016
- Tuesday, 26 July 2016 Foreign Affairs Secretary Yasay Calls for ‘Rules-Based’ Approach for Resolving Disputes
- Monday, 25 July 2016 Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto Yasay and Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop Reaffirm Philippines-Australia Comprehensive Partnership
- Monday, 25 July 2016 Apostolic Nuncio Archbishop Giuseppe Pinto Calls on Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto R. Yasay, Jr.
- Monday, 25 July 2016 Foreign Affairs Secretary Yasay and Brunei Second Foreign Minister Reaffirm Close Bilateral Ties and Cooperation for a Code Of Conduct in SCS
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Monday, 25 July 2016
- Monday, 25 July 2016 Turn-Over of Asean Committee in Amman Chairmanship
- Monday, 25 July 2016 PHL Embassy in Brasilia Holds 4th Business Forum Meeting
- Monday, 25 July 2016 PHL Embassy Holds Regular Meeting with Association of Filipino Journalists in Qatar
- Monday, 25 July 2016 PHL Mission to UN in Geneva Leads Informal Negotiations on the Trafficking in Persons Resolution
14 April 2015 – Philippine Consul General Marciano R. de Borja inducted the new set of officers and Board of Directors of the Bataan Association of Guam for the year 2015-2016 during the association’s soft induction ceremony held on April 04 at the Sampaguita Pavillion, Ypao Beach Park, Guam.
The induction was organized by the Bataan Association of Guam in part to celebrate in advance the 73rd anniversary of Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor), which is commemorated every April 09.
In his remarks, Consul General de Borja shared his knowledge and views of the history of the Fall of Bataan in 09 April 1942 and the important contribution of Bataan in the Philippines’ struggle for independence. He also stressed the importance of remembering our history when he said, “We [Filipinos] need to remember or be reminded of our own history in order to avoid committing the same mistakes we did in the past.”
Consul General de Borja expressed his warm congratulations to the new officers and thanked them for their support in the programs and projects of the Philippine Consulate General in Guam. He also encouraged the Bataan Association of Guam to continue its partnership with the Philippine Consulate General.
Also present during the event was Senator James Espaldon of the 33rd Guam Legislature. END