Tuesday, 28 June 2016
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
- Friday, 24 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office Lucena Joins #Pagyanig2016 The Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 28 June 2016
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 PHL Ambassador’s Cup Golf Tournament in Abu Dhabi
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 PHL Embassy in Madrid Commemorates The 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 PHL Embassy Celebrates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence with the Filipino Community in Madrid
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Attends the Graduation Ceremonies of The Philippine School in Greece
14 April 2015 – Philippine Consul General Marciano R. de Borja inducted the new set of officers and Board of Directors of the Bataan Association of Guam for the year 2015-2016 during the association’s soft induction ceremony held on April 04 at the Sampaguita Pavillion, Ypao Beach Park, Guam.
The induction was organized by the Bataan Association of Guam in part to celebrate in advance the 73rd anniversary of Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor), which is commemorated every April 09.
In his remarks, Consul General de Borja shared his knowledge and views of the history of the Fall of Bataan in 09 April 1942 and the important contribution of Bataan in the Philippines’ struggle for independence. He also stressed the importance of remembering our history when he said, “We [Filipinos] need to remember or be reminded of our own history in order to avoid committing the same mistakes we did in the past.”
Consul General de Borja expressed his warm congratulations to the new officers and thanked them for their support in the programs and projects of the Philippine Consulate General in Guam. He also encouraged the Bataan Association of Guam to continue its partnership with the Philippine Consulate General.
Also present during the event was Senator James Espaldon of the 33rd Guam Legislature. END