Sunday, 01 May 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 03 May 2016
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Breaches 10,000 Voter Benchmark, Commemorates Women’s Suffrage Day
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy Calls on Yangon Region Chief and Yangon Mayor, Discusses Strengthening of Relations
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Tokyo Celebrates Labor Day
- Monday, 02 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Prague Hosts Asian Ambassadors’ Lunch Meeting with Czech Human Rights Minister Jiří Dienstbier Jr.
14 April 2015 – Philippine Consul General Marciano R. de Borja inducted the new set of officers and Board of Directors of the Bataan Association of Guam for the year 2015-2016 during the association’s soft induction ceremony held on April 04 at the Sampaguita Pavillion, Ypao Beach Park, Guam.
The induction was organized by the Bataan Association of Guam in part to celebrate in advance the 73rd anniversary of Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor), which is commemorated every April 09.
In his remarks, Consul General de Borja shared his knowledge and views of the history of the Fall of Bataan in 09 April 1942 and the important contribution of Bataan in the Philippines’ struggle for independence. He also stressed the importance of remembering our history when he said, “We [Filipinos] need to remember or be reminded of our own history in order to avoid committing the same mistakes we did in the past.”
Consul General de Borja expressed his warm congratulations to the new officers and thanked them for their support in the programs and projects of the Philippine Consulate General in Guam. He also encouraged the Bataan Association of Guam to continue its partnership with the Philippine Consulate General.
Also present during the event was Senator James Espaldon of the 33rd Guam Legislature. END