Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 25 May 2016
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 PHL Embassy Outreach Processes 1,233 Consular Services in Al Khobar
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 PH Participates in Xiamen’s 5th Nanyang Festival’s Business Matchmaking Workshop
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 Call for Applications for the 5th Filipino-American Youth Leadership Program
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Riyadh Processes 13,867 Consular Services in April 2016
30 April 2015 – In furtherance of the Department of Foreign Affairs’ efforts to educate all Foreign Service Posts on the fight against Trafficking in Persons (TIP), the Philippine Embassy in Rome conducted a seminar on April 24 entitled “Trafficking in Persons and Related Offenses” for its officers, staff and attached agencies.
The speakers, Vice Consul Kristine Margret Malang and Assistance-To-Nationals (ATN) Officer Bernice Catherine Santayana, discussed the definition and concept of TIP, the UN Protocol on Transnational Organized Crime (UNTOC) and the Palermo Protocol, the TIP situation in Italy and in the Philippines and the role of the Department of Foreign Affairs. Case studies and role-playing were also given to the attendees to help them better understand the topics.
At the end of the lecture, the attendees were asked to recite the “DFA Pledge Against Anti-Trafficking in Persons”. Each of them signed the pledge which will be displayed at the Consular Section. END