Monday, 26 September 2016
- Monday, 26 September 2016 Donation or Loan Not Part of Preliminary Discussions on PHL-Russia Military-Technical Cooperation
- Saturday, 24 September 2016 Statement on the Yemen Crisis
- Thursday, 22 September 2016 Canadian Ambassador-Designate John Holmes Presents Open Copy of His Letters of Credence to Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto R. Yasay, Jr.
- Thursday, 22 September 2016 DFA-RCO Dumaguete Joins the Global Community in Commemorating the International Peace Day
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 28 September 2016
- Wednesday, 28 September 2016 PHL Embassy in Baghdad in Cooperation with the International Organization for Migration Conducts Briefing on Human Trafficking
- Wednesday, 28 September 2016 PHL Embassy in Abu Dhabi Celebrates Cerebral Palsy Awareness and
- Wednesday, 28 September 2016 PHL Embassy in Brunei Conducts A Lecture-Forum on Wellness and on the Menace of Illegal Drugs
- Wednesday, 28 September 2016 PHL Consulate General Holds 2nd Consular Outreach in Kauai, Hawaii
03 June 2015 – The Philippine Embassy in Doha successfully launched on May 29 the i-Rehistro, an online system that provides a much faster way of accomplishing the form for overseas voter registration, during the Quarterly General Assembly of the United Filipino Organizations in Qatar, the umbrella organization of Filipino communities in the country.
Philippine Ambassador to Qatar Wilfredo C. Santos encouraged more overseas Filipinos in Qatar to register in time for the national elections in May 2016 through the i-Rehistro. “You want change in our country. This is the best way. Through this mechanism, you can select the future leaders of our country. This is voluntary, but it is your obligation as citizens to register and cast votes. I hope you will participate for the future of our country,” Ambassador Santos said.
Administrative Officer and Overseas Voter (OV) Registration Focal Point, Victoria P. Artificio, gave a demonstration on how to access the i-Rehistro on the COMELEC website and accomplish the online form.
As of May 26, there are currently 7,003 Filipinos in Qatar who have already registered. Out of that figure, 6,476 are new registrants, while 527 are considered as transferees or classified under ‘reactivation of registration’. Embassy has been given the target of registering 16,000 Filipinos in Qatar. END