Thursday, 05 May 2016
- Sunday, 01 May 2016 Statement On the Release of the 10 Indonesian Hostages
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 04 May 2016
- Wednesday, 04 May 2016 Filipinos in Israel Celebrate Labor Day and Flores De Mayo 2016
- Wednesday, 04 May 2016 PHL Embassy In Dili Conducts Gender And Development Seminar
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 Filipino Community in Qatar Receives ‘Best Community Award’
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Breaches 10,000 Voter Benchmark, Commemorates Women’s Suffrage Day
03 June 2015 – The Philippine Embassy in Doha successfully launched on May 29 the i-Rehistro, an online system that provides a much faster way of accomplishing the form for overseas voter registration, during the Quarterly General Assembly of the United Filipino Organizations in Qatar, the umbrella organization of Filipino communities in the country.
Philippine Ambassador to Qatar Wilfredo C. Santos encouraged more overseas Filipinos in Qatar to register in time for the national elections in May 2016 through the i-Rehistro. “You want change in our country. This is the best way. Through this mechanism, you can select the future leaders of our country. This is voluntary, but it is your obligation as citizens to register and cast votes. I hope you will participate for the future of our country,” Ambassador Santos said.
Administrative Officer and Overseas Voter (OV) Registration Focal Point, Victoria P. Artificio, gave a demonstration on how to access the i-Rehistro on the COMELEC website and accomplish the online form.
As of May 26, there are currently 7,003 Filipinos in Qatar who have already registered. Out of that figure, 6,476 are new registrants, while 527 are considered as transferees or classified under ‘reactivation of registration’. Embassy has been given the target of registering 16,000 Filipinos in Qatar. END