Tuesday, 09 February 2016
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Rocket Launch
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on the Reported Showing of a Pirated Movie in a Satellite Consular Office
- Saturday, 06 February 2016 German STIHL Group opens New Zama production plant in the Philippines
- Friday, 05 February 2016 High Court of Kota Kinabalu Delivers Prima Facie Case Ruling on 27 Filipinos Accused in 2013 Lahad Datu Incident
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 09 February 2016
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 PHL Embassy in Riyadh extends 15,637 Consular Services in January 2016
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Community Organizations shine light on humanitarian efforts to help Typhoon Nona vctims in first-ever Fund-Raising Fair
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Business opportunities and franchising for Balikbayans highlighted in New York seminar
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 PHL Consulate General in Hong Kong welcomes Dinagyang Group from Iloilo to perform in Chinese New Year Parade
05 June 2015 – The Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi proudly announces that three Filipino students graduated with honors at the New York University (NYU) Abu Dhabi during its 2nd Commencement Exercises held on May 24 at the University’s Saadiyat Island campus in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Kimberly Kathleen B. Rodriguez from Parañaque (B.A. Political Science), Gabrielle Teresa G. Dimanche from Muntinlupa (B.A. Psychology), and Benjamin M. Jance IV from Biñan City (B.A. Political Science) were among the 141 students from 53 countries who received their degrees this year from NYU Abu Dhabi. The three Filipino graduates also received the New York University Honors Scholar Award.
Ms. Rodriguez was chosen as the Student Speaker for the ceremony and delivered a speech on behalf of fellow graduates before distinguished guests which included H.E. Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development of the United Arab Emirates, and former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
Philippine Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Grace Relucio Princesa attended the ceremony and congratulated the Filipino graduates. “We take pride in learning that the three Filipinos graduated with honors and recognition from the prestigious New York University Abu Dhabi, which is considered to be among the most selective undergraduate universities in the world. I encourage Filipino high school students to avail of the educational opportunities and scholarship programs being offered by top universities worldwide,” Ambassador Princesa said. END