Monday, 30 May 2016
- Friday, 13 May 2016 APEC Senior Officials to Meet in Arequipa, Peru for 2nd APEC Senior
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Monday, 30 May 2016
- Monday, 30 May 2016 “Masaya Choir” Calls on French Foreign Minister at the Quai D’orsay
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Abu Dhabi Attends Special Screening of Indie Film “Partition”
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Norway Participates in Sprak Og Kultur Festivalen
- Monday, 30 May 2016 NDCP Promotes People-to-People Exchanges, Visits Myanmar
16 December 2014 - Philippine economic performance was hailed as “the most encouraging news in Southeast Asia to date” by academic and business sector representatives at an expert roundtable discussion on “Prospects for ASEAN-European Union relations” held in Brussels on December 11. Commenting on the current situation in ASEAN as a region, as well as in the individual Member States, experts agreed that the Philippines is “a very attractive economy” and is also “in an enviable position” in terms of political stability and good governance.
In his statement, Philippine Embassy Deputy Chief of Mission and Consul General Robespierre Bolivar noted the Philippines’ performance in achieving targets related to the ASEAN Economic Community. He highlighted Philippine initiatives championed by President Aquino at the recently concluded 25th ASEAN Summit, including stronger foundations for regional integration, inclusive growth, and the rule of law.
Organized by the EU-Asia Center, one of the leading Brussels-based think tanks dealing with Asian issues, the roundtable was convened to discuss possible directions the ASEAN-EU relationship could take in light of the change in the EU leadership and the impending completion of the ASEAN Economic Community by the end of 2015. END