Tuesday, 09 February 2016
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Rocket Launch
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on the Reported Showing of a Pirated Movie in a Satellite Consular Office
- Saturday, 06 February 2016 German STIHL Group opens New Zama production plant in the Philippines
- Friday, 05 February 2016 High Court of Kota Kinabalu Delivers Prima Facie Case Ruling on 27 Filipinos Accused in 2013 Lahad Datu Incident
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 09 February 2016
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 PHL Embassy in Riyadh extends 15,637 Consular Services in January 2016
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Community Organizations shine light on humanitarian efforts to help Typhoon Nona vctims in first-ever Fund-Raising Fair
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Business opportunities and franchising for Balikbayans highlighted in New York seminar
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 PHL Consulate General in Hong Kong welcomes Dinagyang Group from Iloilo to perform in Chinese New Year Parade
10 July 2014 – Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert F. del Rosario visited Brunei Darussalam today, July 10, and met with H.R.H. Prince Mohamed Bolkiah, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Brunei, to advance bilateral, multilateral and regional cooperation.
Discussions between the two foreign ministers were comprehensive, constructive and productive. On a bilateral basis following the state visit to Manila in 2013 of His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, the two ministers discussed ways to further promote cooperation in areas such as labor, health, ICT and multimedia, defense and law enforcement, and trade and investment. Both foreign ministers acknowledged the need to look into other areas of potential cooperation, to further deepen and strengthen bilateral relations.
Secretary Del Rosario expressed appreciation for Brunei's warm hosting of over 21,000 Filipinos. For his part, Prince Mohamed Bolkiah acknowledged the positive contributions of Filipinos in Brunei's development.
The 3rd Philippines-Brunei Joint Commission for Bilateral Consultations, which serve as the road map for bilateral cooperation, have been scheduled to be held in Manila in 2015.
Secretary Del Rosario thanked Prince Mohamed Bolkiah for Brunei's continued support in the peace process and for its role in the International Monitoring Team monitoring the GPH-MILF ceasefire. He also expressed appreciation for the assistance and support of the people and government of Brunei for the victims and communities affected by Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda.
The two sides exchanged views on the rising tension in the South China Sea and affirmed their commitment to effectively manage the tensions and to seek a peaceful resolution of the disputes. Both affirmed the positive role of ASEAN in promoting regional peace and stability. Secretary Del Rosario also expressed admiration for Brunei's chairmanship of ASEAN in 2013.
Secretary Del Rosario expressed his appreciation to the Government of Brunei for its warm hospitality and his meeting with H.R.H. Prince Mohamed Bolkiah. END